Search for content in message boards

Wolf Co Ky Spencer's

Wolf Co Ky Spencer's

John Spencer (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 9:41AM GMT
I have alot of information on the Spencer Families from Wolf Co Kentucky, there where two different Spencer families, havo some info on both, also looking for information on a Fleming Spencer Died in Wolf Co about 1900

Spencer's in Wolf County, Ky

Mary Spencer Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:50PM GMT
My family is from that area. I have quite a bit of info on my Spencer's. Please e-mail me and we can compare notes. Bandito31@aol.com

Wolfe Co. Spencer`s

Joseph Spencer (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 3:23PM GMT
I have a Moses Spencer in my line buried in Spencer cem., Sandy Ridge,Rt 651, Wolfe Co.Ky. He was the son of Joseph and Mary. Moses was born in Lee Co., Va. December 18 1788. Any connections?

Wolf Co Spencer's

John Spencer (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 5:05PM GMT
Yes I am related to these Spencer's on my Great Grandmother's side, she was a Brooks and her mother was a Spencer. If you what more info email me at jspenc@bright.net.
Posted: 1 May 2000 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 5:28PM GMT
Do you have a Surilda Brooks, who married William Powell in your line? they were my great-grandparents. carol

re:Moses Spencer

Shirley Watkins (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 5:54PM GMT
I also have that same line. Moses had a daughter Temperance who had two sons by a bogus first marriage(she was deceived by a con on the run named Jay Morris/Marsh) to Frank Spencer. The sons are Franklin Marsh Spencer and Francis Marion Spencer. She later married James Sparks in Ky. Any info appreciated, and if I have any info you need I'd be happy to share. The story of Temperance came to me from my grandfather Elberton Monroe Brewer, and I wrote down all his family bible entries before he died to get me started tracing my geneology.

Moses Spencer

Laura (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 6:34PM GMT
I ahve a Moses in my family who is the son of Joseph and Mary Deroachbroon. Joseph was born on Nov. 6, 1731 in Wales, and Mary 1731 in North Carolina. Moses was born Dec 6, 1786 in Montgomery Co., Va and died in Wolf Co., Ky on September 10, 1861. I have more family history if you need more... I have been collecting for over 15 years now.

Temperance Spencer

Laura (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 6:40PM GMT
I have a Temperance in my family through the line of MOses Spencer and Elizabeth Deaton. They had 12 Children;
John Daniel: 1808 Lee Co., Ky
Phoebia: 1810 " " "
Joseph Charles: 1812 ""
William T: 1813
Isabella: 1816
Delila: 1818
Temperance: 1811
Elizabeth: 1820
Moses S. Jr.: 1822
Goolsman: 1824 (this is my great x's3 father)
ARmstrong "Strong": 1826
Brantley: 1829

If you'd like to know more .... Tollymon!@aol.com

Temperance marriage

Laura (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2000 6:42PM GMT
Temperance married James Sparks on Feb. 26, 1833 in Perry, Ky.

Spencers in Wolf Co. Ky

B. Lind (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2000 7:52PM GMT
My ggrandmother was Nora Venters (venturs?)and married a Bill Spencer. My grandmother was Malva Spencer, siblings: Goldie, Willie, Geneva, Mitch. I think there were more. Do you have any info on my GGrandma Venters? Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic