Search for content in message boards

Daniel Brown and Grace Thompson

Daniel Brown and Grace Thompson

Robert Ouzts (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2005 7:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brown, Thompson
Daniel Brown married Grace Thompson in 1750 in Salem, NJ. They moved to Randolph county, NC. I would like to correspond with others working on this family. I have the Thompsons in the Quaker records of Salem, NJ, but I can't find Daniel Browns family. Does anyone know more?

Re: Daniel Brown and Grace Thompson

warren brown (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2005 2:55AM GMT
hi robert
send me an email at my add. i'm of this family

sword (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2006 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2006 5:50AM GMT
Surnames: Brown
Warren Brown from where,Brown in my family

warren brown (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2006 12:18AM GMT
hi robert
right now in lower alabama. originally from randolph county, n.c. been following the comments. spend most of my research time looking for henry sr. tough one to find. descended from daniel thru his son william.

Posted: 22 Jul 2006 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: thompson, brown
Hi,

I'm interested in what you found about the Thompsons.

Thanks, Dale

Robb (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2006 4:41PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson
Here is a link to my rootsweb data on the Thompson line: http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=PED&...

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Thompson
Daniel Brown and Grace THompson are my 4th gr grandparents through their son Henry (Henry's son William b. 1790, William's son Daniel C., and Daniel C's son Daniel W.). Though we have info on most of Daniel and Grace's children, I've never found any info on their son William and did not even know that he had married. Would like to hear about Henry's William! Was he in Randolph CO., NC?

Posted: 29 Mar 2008 8:30PM GMT
I am not as knowledgeable about William. We formed a Daniel Brown Group on Yahoo, you may wish to join. If so, send a request to: daniel_brown-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Posted: 3 Apr 2008 3:10AM GMT
hi kauma
the only information i have on daniel's william is that he operated a ferry on deep river in randolph county in 1798.
i incorrectly made an entry earlier that said i was a descendant of william, which i am but henry's william, not daniel's william. i am puzzled though as i show henry married mary smith and they had six children, henry, william r., joshua, elisha, jean, and john. you show a daniel?
henry died in 1823 but no known record of burial place.
william r. was my ancester and lived in randolph county, i was born there and still have many cousins there.

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 3:09PM GMT
Henry Brown, son of Daniel and Grace, did not die in 1823 as is widely assumed. Henry's son Henry died about November 1823, and estate papers are in the NC Archives. Letters of Administration were issued to Elisha Brown and John D. Brown with Henry, Sr. as security. Henry and his wife Mary were still living on June 1, 1830 when the Randolph County, NC census was taken.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions