Search for content in message boards

Capt Francis Gray

Capt Francis Gray

Russell H. Chambliss (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gray
Am trying to learn the descendants of Francis Gray (B-abt 1630 Surry County, Va). Served in House of Burgesses -1661-1676 from Charles City County.. Had a son, William Gray-Sheriff of Surry County, Va. If you have any information or can provide a list of Francis Gray's descendants, I would appreciate hearing from you.. Thanks, Russ Chambliss

Re: Capt Francis Gray

Brandi Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: White, Holleman, Crocker, Barlow, Carroll, Gray
I have a Richard Gray. He had a daughter, Mary Gray who married James Carroll. She died in 1749. I don't know if this is the same family but they were from Isle of Wight, VA.
Brandi Perkins
blperkin@intrex.net

Eula J. Horsman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2001 6:57PM GMT
I'm not certain that this will be of any assistance to you, but according to "Adventureres of Purse and Person, pp. 339-343" Francis Gray was a son of my ancestor, Thomas Gray. There is a chapter in "Purse and Person" regarding both Thomas and Francis Gray, as well as Thomas Gray- his brother.

Russ Chambliss (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2001 12:10AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I looked in "Adventurers of Purse and Persons" as you suggested, and found the information about Capt. Francis Gray. I saw no mention of Margaret Gray, his daughter and she is from whom I directly descend. Do you have any information on her? Russ Chambliss
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions