John Calvert // ME Scott / Yorkshire 1830s

John Calvert

Dewel Lott (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Calvert
Hello Scott,

I do not have any record of a John Calvert in the early
1800's in Ireland. My John Calvert was born abt 1805 in East Tennessee. My line of Calverts came from Ireland at the beginning of the Rev. War. There were 4 brothers. The only names we know are William and Thomas. Of the 4 brothers
one went to Canada, one family went into TN & KY, Thomas's
family went to Tuscaloosa County, Alabama and William's
family went to Walker County, AL. Dewel

John Calvert // ME Scott / Yorkshire 1830s

Larry Calvert (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Calvert, Scott
Looking for information about parents/siblings of John Calvert who lived in Yorkshire early 1800s. Married Mary Elizabeth Scott -- son William Henry born 1841. An leads?

Re: John Calvert // ME Scott / Yorkshire 1830s

Susan (Calvert) Fischer (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2002 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: Calvert
My gt grandfather Henry Calvert, was born in Yorkshire in 1827, but I have no knowledge of his siblings. He married and was the owner of the Dale public House, the Naked Man cafe and several other properties in Settle, Yorks.
He had a son (again no knowledge of siblings) William Craven Calvert, my grandfather, born in 1869 who married Mary Matilda Furniss. He had a chemist shop in Settle until he retired. They in turn had my father Henry Craven Calvert, and 6 daughters, Marjery, Mollie, Barbara, Susan, Joan and Betty.
Joan, I believe married and emigrated to Woolongong Australia. Would be interested to know if John was related to my side of the family.

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2002 9:17AM GMT
Surnames: calvert/Ledger
HI Susan,

I keep coming back to your message as its really " bugging" me - in a good way of course. The reason being, your William Craven Calvert....... I have a Grace Ann Calvert born 1895 ( father was John Calvert)who married John CRAVEN, born 1896. I have found none of there children yet but im working on it but they did live in Wakefield for a while. It is possible that that they had children and could have named them "Craven Calvert" I realise the dates are out and your william was born before my Grace so couldnt possibly be a child but im thinking its possible to be relations and maybe married cousins etc.......... Its all just ideas at the moment and theories but like i say the similarities and coincidences are there. My Ledger family also moved to Woolongong, so thats another little extra! Sorry all this vague but like i say im working on the Craven Calvert as im convinced it might join up somewhere............ At the moment im stuck on John Calvert, born 1775 in Guiseley, West Yorks, so im trying other lines now until something turns up!
Look forward to hearing from you,
Karen. West Yorkshire.

Re: John Calvert

Posted: 20 Feb 2006 12:49PM GMT
Hi Dewell, I have found a John CALVERT born 1812 in Strabane, Co.Tyrone. I suspected he may be a brother to my Hiram who was born in Camus Strabane in 1819 and reputedly died in PA. I found John with a very non-specific search on the Calvert name on the LDS web site (IGI) (though now having these details, he would probably come up easier).

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 4:36AM GMT
Surnames: Calvert, Stewart
HI.
My Grandfather, Allan John Calvert Jr. is son to Samuel J. Calvert of Armagh Northern Ireland, (b'1881) who married Anne Stewart of Belfast, Antrim Northern Ireland (b'1897). My Grandfather was born on Ottawa Ontario Canada.

I have no information further back for either the Calverts or the Stewarts.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions