Search for content in message boards

Sheehy

Sheehy

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sheehy Nolan
I would like to fill in the blanks in my family tree. The following information has been taken from the 1901 census. Paddy (Martin) Sheehy aged 60 of Duagh, Co. Kerry Ireland married Ellie Nolan (aged 57) of Coilbee Listowel. In the 1901 census their children were Ned aged 18, Mick (Michael) aged 16, Johanna aged 15, Patrick aged 13 and John aged 8. Paddy and Ellie are my greatgrandparents and my father has told me that there was 4 other children who emigrated to the US. Tom, Martin, Bridgie and Mary. Mick also emigrated to the US, but obviously sometime after 1901. I have a lot of details about the family members who settled here in Ireland, but unfortunately, there has never been any contact with those that emigrated. Do the names Tom,Martin, Bridgie (Bridget), Mary or Mick (Michael) Sheehy belong to your grandparents? I would really like to fill in the missing parts, as The Sheehy Family still live in Kilcara.

Re: Sheehy

Posted: 2 Jan 2009 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Census
To all of you out there trying to trace their ancestory. The latest Irish census available online is dated 3rd April 1911 and some Counties including Kerry is now available at www.census.nationalarchives.ie
Best of Luck to all

Posted: 7 Jan 2009 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: Sheehy/Curtin
As a result of looking up the 1911 Irish Census, I have discovered that Mary is included in the census but her surname is now Curtin. She is aged 32 at this time. She has 3 children Mary aged 6, Martin aged 5 & Edward aged 3 all with the surname Curtin. The 3 Curtin children are registered as being born in America.
Posted: 14 Oct 2012 8:33AM GMT
Passing a few minutes on the web I suddenly began chasing my grandfather around kerry..His name was John Sheehy and I think I found him at 4 Kilcarramore Duagh Kerry in the 1901 census..By 1911 his father and mother seem to have moved next door ? to no.6 and shaved 3 years from their ages..But grandfather John has gained 1 year...seems they may have been trying for a low beaurocratic profile ..does any of this tie in with your "chase" ? same people or others ?
Sorry if I am out of order
John Donal Sheehy ( australia)

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 8:51PM GMT
Hi John. The John in my family (in the 1901 census) finally settled in Cork. His family still live there. If you are trying to track Sheehys in Kerry, you have a very difficult task ahead. The place is full of them. The two main pockets seem to be in Dingle & Duagh - both of which are in co. Kerry.
Best of Luck with it.
Anne Sheehy
Posted: 23 Apr 2013 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Sheey,
I am the son of the Edward Curtin in your post, and the grandson of Mary Sheehy Curtin.
Posted: 23 Apr 2013 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Sheey, Cu
I am the son of 3-year old Edward Curtin in your post, and the grandson of Mary Sheehy Curtin, who married my grandfather Denis ("Casey") Curtin. Mary (aged 6) was my aunt "Mame" and Martin (aged 5) was my uncle Marty. There were two more Curtin/Sheehy siblings after my father Edward -- Denis ("Babe") and Ellen. I am in touch with Anne Sheehy, whose husband is Pat Sheehy, brother of Mary Sheehy Curtin. They live in Kilcara, Duagh Listowel at the birthplace of my grandmother Mary Sheey Curtin. You can email me at ed@lexed.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic