Search for content in message boards

Help with info please

Help with info please

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 12:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
Could anyone help me with information on Sabin Daniel Kimball and his family? Sabin was born in Nova Scotia 12/14/1878. Other than that I know absolutely nothing. i got the birth info from his U.S. WW I draft card. Can anyone guide me on how to find out more on him?
Thanx for any help!

Re: Help with info please

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:25AM GMT
Look like him here in Middle River Victoria Co in 1891 Census
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1891/001...

Here is Anne in 1871 living at Middle River. Seth is 31 tears older, possibly father-in-law?

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1871/001...

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 3:40AM GMT
You may want to contact annewilding197. She has a tree with Sabin and his parents. the "Ann" already mentioned apparently is Ann McRae, her husband was Seth Kimball. Look here for more info...

https://novascotiagenealogy.com

It doesn't have John or Sabin's birth record, but apparently Jane is lying about her age (born in 71, not 74....a very common thing for single female 20 somethings....to lie and say they were younger).

If you want more help, ask me in a couple days or later.

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 7:31AM GMT
Interesting why you should say Jane was lying her age. In both the 1881 Census (age7) and the 1891 Census (age17) her birth year is 1874. I'm sure Jane didn't supply her age info. for the 1881 Census. Very common for ages to show wrong in the Census because of a # of reasons other than folks lying to the Census taker.

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 9:40PM GMT
I would very grateful for any further help or information that you could suggest. Thanks very much! I mean that!!

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 2:35AM GMT
Hi Do you have Anne Wildings email? I would love to get in contact with her. Thanks for any help! David

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 9:07PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2012 10:25PM GMT
It's common no matter if it's parents or the child to state their age as younger if they are 21 and say they are 17. I'm not saying that that was the case here. It is a factor to keep in mind when trying to determine historical and document accuracy.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 10:19PM GMT
PM her. If you have trouble doing that, than PM me with your email, and I'll forward it.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 10:43PM GMT
Hi
I'm very stupid with computers and honestly don't know what PM is so could you tell her my email please? Very sorry to bother you but would be very grateful to chat with her. My email is wdh388@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help and your kindnes. Bill

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 2:48PM GMT
Hi Bill,

Nice to know I'm not the only ignorant one walking this earth...

No problem, Bill. PM means "private message". If you 'click' on my name for example, it will give "contact" as an option, by 'clicking' on that, you can send me a private message. Sometimes people like doing that instead of giving their emails on the board, but if someone comes along later, they have your email to contact you with about your area of interest. :)

I will private message her with your email address. Most members are family friendly, but if she hasn't been active in awhile, she may not respond right away (and hopefully her alert system is accurate). If she does not respond say in a couple weeks, just comment right here in reply to me, and I do what I can to help. Good luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions