Search for content in message boards

Duncan McDonald and Emerence Dube

Duncan McDonald and Emerence Dube

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald, Dube
Looking for marriage information on Duncan McDonald born in 1812 in Nova Scotia. According to a death record I found on Familysearch, Duncan's parents names were Largon McDonald and Marguerite ? Duncan married Emerence Dube (her parents were Gabriel Dube and Scholastique Caron and she was born in 1835 in St-Roch-des-Aulnaies, Quebec) Duncan and Emerence moved to Fall River, Mass. USA I don't know if they married in the US or in Quebec. They both died in Fall River, Mass.

Re: Duncan McDonald and Emerence Dube

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 11 Dec 2012 11:14PM GMT
...I assume this is them, with John Dube living with them?
http://search.ancestry.com/browse/view.aspx?dbid=6742&ii...

Found the death records for both as you said. I think Duncan's father may be Targon rather than Largon.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 11:35PM GMT
Found a discrepancy that needs some clarification. Who is the ancestor that connects you to Duncan and Emerance?

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 11:44PM GMT
Edited: 12 Dec 2012 1:10AM GMT
That was them on the census! I connect to Duncan and Emerence's son Malcolm. I am trying to find the marriage record for Duncan and Emerence. Emerence was born in born in 1835 in St-Roch-des-Aulnaies, Quebec and her parents were Gabriel Dube and Scholastique Caron. Duncan's parents were Largon/Targon and Marguerite ? and he was born in 1812 in Nova Scotia. Duncan and Emerence moved to Fall River, Mass at some point. I don't know if it was after they married or if they married in Fall River, Mass. I can't seem to find any record of their marriage.

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 1:48AM GMT
Here is an 1851/52 Census record for Gabriel Dube and Scholastique Caron, and Emerance Dube. Here is the birth record of Emerance (Emerantienne according to the priest). Emerence was born in St-Roch-des-Aulnaies, Quebec (confirmed by both census and parish records), and the census record is located in Ste Flavie, Rimouski County, Quebec. I don't know that area, so you'll have to dig a bit.
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 11:35AM GMT
Thank you! I am at a loss to figure out where Emerence and Duncan were married. The trail runs cold until they show up in Fall River Mass. Thanks again for all you've done!

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 2:41PM GMT
Do you have a birthdate for Malcom? I think I found his birth record, but his mother isn't Emerance (meaning that she's a second wife)

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 3:20PM GMT
I haven't found Malcolm's birth but I did find his marriage record. Malcolm married Delima Dube. Found their marriage entry in the 1884 Fall River Mass marriages. Malcolm's parents are listed there as Duncan and Merance. Malcolm's place of birth in that register was Canada.

Thanks again for all you're doing!

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 4:09PM GMT
I need a general birth date for comparison. Do you know where he was in 1900? or 1901?

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 4:25PM GMT
Found his 1900 census with a birthdate of January 1860.

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

That would seem to eliminate my 'find'.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions