Search for content in message boards

Delia FARRELL

Delia FARRELL

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FARRELL
Trying to gather any info on Delia FARRELL b 25 Jun 1868 to unknown parents in unknown town in
County Galway and d. 19 Jun 1896 in Saratoga Springs, Saratoga, NY, USA. Delia immigrated to the USA bef 1886 & married Charles Alson ORMSBEE abt 1886 in Saratoga Spgs and had 2 children. She is buried by herself in a Catholic Cemetery(USA). Have been unable to find anything on her in the USA. No death,(only date) or marriage. Anyone researching FARRELL in County Galway any info would be "GREATLY" appreciated.
THANKS

Re: Delia FARRELL

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 9:19PM GMT
Might be of some help???
Delia in those days was a pet name, original name usually Bridget.
There are three Bridget Farrell's registered in Galway in 1868. If you are really keen, you could order a photocopy version of all three.

1868 Vol.4 Page 625 Tuam (Galway,Ireland)
1868 Vol.9 Page 319 Galway (Galway,Ireland)
1868 Vol.19 Page 459 Ballinasloe (Galway,Ireland)

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start

To order, application form can be downloaded from:
www.groireland.ie

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 12:08PM GMT
thanks for the reply. Thats makes sense, because there is a Bridget Farrell in the census.Will try to get the records and see what they say. Again THANKS

Posted: 28 Feb 2010 12:11AM GMT
I maybe able to help you but not till Monday. I have a CD of Civil births 1864-1875 which should cover the birth of Delia. This is also Latter Day Saints but included parents names. I will look them up and see if I can add to your information.
I looked at the US Census but too late for the 1880 and she was already passed by 1901. There was no 1890 Census that I can see.
I did did find a Charles A. Ormsby in the 1901 Onondage, NY census age 60, a widower.
I did find a couple of possibilities for Passengers to New York.
a) Delia Farrell age 21 servant, Co. Mayo on Ship Umbria arrived 18 June, 1888.
b) Delia Farrell age 25 arrived 8 May, 1890 from Ireland on
Majestic.
In looking at shipping records don't be put off by 'leaving from Liverpool'. Ships from Liverpool, England stopped in Dublin, New Ross, Wexford, Cobh/Queenstown Cork, and other ports on their way to the USA.

www.censusfinder.com United Kingdom+Ireland+Galway
www.igp-web.com + Galway but couldn't fnd anything but further research might help.

A bmd index for Ireland has o births for the name Delia Farrell, however, there were Bridget's, Catherine, Francis, Mary, Winifreds, Honora/Honoria's in 1868.

If I forget to get back to you on Monday please don't hesitate to remind me as I easily forget things.

Annette Code
'genealogy for fun'

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 1:16PM GMT
I have gone through 160 (female) Farrell births on the Civil Registration CD. None was born in June, 1868. There are no Delia Farrell's in Galway or any County in Ireland during the time period of 1864-1895. Lots of Mary, Bridget's, and Catherines.

What did Delia name her female children if she just didn't have boys?

Annette

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 12:21PM GMT
THANKS for the searches. I was told from a previous reseacher that Delia was a nickname for Bridget. She had found 3 Bridgets in Co. Galway for that year.I had previously requested a death cert from New York using Delia and came back no record. I just resubmitted another request using Bridget hopefuly they will have it and I can find her parents then get a birth register copy from Ire. She did name her 2 girls Bertha Cornelia & Bessie Delia. Again, THANKS for the help' I will post a reply when I learn anything. The state of NY usually takes 4-6 wks to reply.

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 6:50PM GMT
Hello

The name Delia is usually the nickname for Bridget.

I think her name would have been Bridget
Farrell.

Posted: 3 Mar 2010 7:19PM GMT
I have a list of Civil Registrations for female Farrell's in 1868 and will type them out later for you, three are Bridget. Annette

Posted: 4 Mar 2010 1:10AM GMT
Bridget Farrell born 13 Dec 1868 #28, Ballinasloe, Galway
Edward Farrell/Eliza McGovern #101178

Bridget Farrell born 28 May 1868 #319 Oranmore, Galway
Patrick Farrell/Bridget Joyce #101168 (*) most likely as close to June-see* below as why you can have two different months, and perhaps a third when birth registered.

Bridget Farrell born 1 Feb 1868 Tuam #1 Galway
Patrick Farrell/Sarah Raftery #101163

On www.from-ireland.net Limerick were some Civil Registrations, checked all and only one had a Downes marriage 1897 an Ellen Downes, Croom, Limerick.

eg: Catherina born 28 Apr 1868 christened: 2 May, 1868 Killian and Kilronan ( I'm going to leave you with just the Bridget's, others like Catherina available on request none are close to June.

AC

Posted: 4 Mar 2010 12:12PM GMT
Again thanks to all, this at least gives me some avenues to check.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions