Search for content in message boards

Arthur Churchill born abt 1823 son of James and Mary

Arthur Churchill born abt 1823 son of James and Mary

Posted: 28 Oct 2008 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Churchill, Fitzgerald, Lewis, Dearing
We are seeking information on Arthur Churchill (Churchel/Chuchill) born about 1823, possibly in Fenor (Fennor?) Tipperary. Parents are James Churchill and Mary (maiden name unknown). We have traced our tree back to Goderich Township, Huron County, Canada. Other researchers have placed them in Churchill Ontario prior to this, Immigrated to Canada in the 1830's or 1840's. They were methodists. In Canada Arthur married Agnes (Agness) Fitzgerald. He may or may not have had sibling. Fellow researchers and I are trying to connect the dots on a various Churchill families that all seem to have arrived around the same time and went to the same locations.

We have hit a wall here and any help would be greatly appreciated. We simply cannot find any Churchills on various websites as having resided in Tipperary and do not really know where else to look.

Re: Arthur Churchill born abt 1823 son of James and Mary

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Callaghan.Armstrong.Nolan.Coady.Grattan.Mahoney.Grace.Norris.Carter.
Hi Whittaker I found one in Griffiths Valuation living in Fennor, Tipperary. This is the area my ancestors are from too.

JOHN CHURCHILL
County TIPPERARY, SOUTH RIDING
Barony SLIEVARDAGH
Union URLINGFORD
Parish FENNOR
Townland FENNOR

Patzy C

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 11:12PM GMT
Have you had any further luck on your Arthur Churchill, and on further links in Ireland and elsewhere? I'm trying to connect the Churchill dots, with only minor successes.

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: hbeacom
I have information on Arthur Churchill. His father was James H. Churchill and he came to Canada in 1839, with his family.

Wife was Mary Trask B 1775 D. 1844

Children all born in Tipperary Ireland

William B 1807 D. 1877
John B 1810 D. 1881
Margaret B 1822 D. 1894 *
Joseph B 1824 D. 1900
Arthur B 1825 D. 1900
James B 1825 D. 1864
Samuel B 1829 D. 1879
Martha B 1831 D. 1905

Arthur moved to Manitoba and is buried in Colonsay Saskatchewn. He married Catherine Lewis. I just found out about Arthur within the last week and 1/2.

I am related to Margaret, she is my g.g.grandmother. The Churchill's lived in Goderich Township, just down from Homesville. take the left road, and go down and they lived just about 1/2 mile from Homesville. We were always up there when I was a kid. Margaret married John Dempsey, his daughter than married James Connell, and the
three familys lived on both sides of the road from just out side of Homesville to the first side road.
Helen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions