Search for content in message boards

Stewarts in Madison Co. AL bef.1858

Stewarts in Madison Co. AL bef.1858

Posted: 11 Aug 2001 7:11PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2004 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: Coats,Hamilton,Stewart
Since 1970, I have been searching in vain for the parents of my Gg grandmother, Mary Ann Stewart, b.c. 1834/5 in AL(prob. in Madison co.); she married Thomas J. Coats in Lincoln Co. TN in 1858 and died near Arlington, TX on 1 March 1907(however, her residence at that time was in Collin Co. TX nr. McKinney). Given this circumstance, I had thought that perhaps she was visiting some sort of kin in or near Arlington(Stewarts perhaps?)

Some vague family traditions have it that either a brother or her father was a minister of some sort, and as the Coats family of LCT was settled very near the line with Madison Co. AL, there is a very good chance that a good part of her family was still in Madison Co. when she married in 1858(but this is just a guess on my part).

Any and all clues/leads/help appreciated; this one has been a problem for a very long time.
Regards
Larry D. Hamilton Coats

Silas m.Annie Blakeley Stewart

Posted: 25 Nov 2002 7:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Dec 2003 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart, Johnson, Steeley
Larry, Have another line I'm following. Silas m.Annie Blakeley Stewart in Jackson Co.Al. She was b. in Davidson Co Tn. Her father was James R. Stewart b.Tn.1794 had several ch: by unknown w. Then m. Annie's Mom, Parthenia Johnson. They are all found in Jackson Co. Ala. 1850,60. Parthenia's sister, Mary m. a Steeley, and some of those moved to Johnsons Station, which is somewhere close to Ft.Worth Texas.I believe some still live in Irving Tx. Thats close to your line of Stewarts. Annie had a sister Lexie Caladonia and Margaret since They lived with the Johnsons I thought they could have went to Texas for awhile. The Johnsons were in Madison Co. Al. before moveing to Jackson Co. before-Tn.Ms.Ky.Va.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions