Search for content in message boards

MORAN//MURRIN/MURRANT Family Research - Nova Scotia & Newfoundland Connections???

MORAN//MURRIN/MURRANT Family Research - Nova Scotia & Newfoundland Connections???

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2013 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: MORAN/, MURRIN/MURRANT, FITZGERALD, KING, SHEA, WHELAN
My recent update to previous postings:

I recently was contacted with new info. regarding my GrGrandparents, Lawrence FITZGERALD & Ann (*MORAN/MURRIN) - *these are the spellings as recorded on their daughter/my Grandmother's bapt. record (MORAN) & marr. cert. (MURRIN)....the new details I was sent is as follows: Saint John's Marriages>>Date: August 9,1903>>Place: Pouch Cove, Nfld.>>Name and surname: Lawrence FITZGERALD>>Age: 25>>Condition: Bachelor>>Occupation: Laborer>>Religion: Roman Catholic>>Residence: Northern Bay>>>>>>Name and surname-Ann MURRANT>>Age: 24>>Condition: Spinster>>Religion: Roman Catholic>>Residence: Pouch Cove, Nfld.>>Witnesses: John SHEA and Catherine MURRANT.

As this is the first bit of info regarding my GrGrandparents marriage & another spelling of my GrGrandmother's last name, I'm hoping to have contact with other member(s) who may be related or have information pertaining to these individuals.

Regards, :)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello, my search has hit the proverbial brick wall with my GrGrandmother, ANNE (MORAN/MURRIN) FITZGERALD. I really don't have much but here goes...

>> According to the first bit of info I found, my Grandparents' marriage certificate listed my GrGrandmother's name spelled as MURRIN...Grandmother, Helen "Nellie" Fitzgerald b. 1904 in New Aberdeen, Nova Scotia to Lawrence Fitzgerald & Annie MURRIN. Grandmother Helen married Grandfather John Whelan (from Colliers, Nfld.) in 1924 in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia...GrGrandfather, Lawrence Fitzgerald was b. 1882 in Small Point/Kingston, Bay de Verde/Western Bay, Nfld. (One of his sisters, Elizabeth, married a man named Shea from Pouch Cove area in Nfld. - I was given this info from another relative). {Just to note here as well, GrGrandfather Lawrence's parents are Thomas & Eliza(beth)(nee KING) Fitzgerald from Small Point, Nfld.}

>> According to my Grandmother Helen's baptism record (I found online), her mother's maiden/family name is spelled as "MORAN". As well on another genealogy site GrGrandmother Anne's maiden/family name was also spelled "MORAN".

Hence my road block to finding my GrGrandmother and her family.

If any of my info is familiar or perhaps someone might have any leads that I could pursue, please contact me. Regards, :)

MORAN/MURRIN Family Research - Nova Scotia & Newfoundland Connections???

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 8:18PM GMT
Hello, I've had a looksee for any of your folks. I see Helen's marriage in 1924 and she says she was 19.
I've found the marriage record for Lawrence, her brother
in NS Vital Stats.
https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/
He was married in 1931 in Sydney, age 23 and reports he was born in NFL, in 1908. I could not find the family in the 1901
or the 1911 Census. No further trace of them at all.

Re: MORAN/MURRIN Family Research - Nova Scotia & Newfoundland Connections???

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: FITZGERALD, MORAN, MURRIN, SHEA, WHELAN
Wow, that was fast! Thanks so much for your research, I know the time involved & truly appreciate your efforts!

I have the info you included in your message & I've also been researching other genealogy sites for areas around Newfoundland that might have my GrUncle Lawrence's birth or my GrGrandparents marriage but nothing so far.

My only hope is that another searcher might see my info and might be familiar enough to contact me.

Regards, :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions