Search for content in message boards

Family History Center hours?

Family History Center hours?

Posted: 10 Nov 2011 12:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Why aren't Family History Center in Winnipeg open on Friday or Saturday? Those are the only days I am free. I want to order some microfilms and this is the closest one (still over an hour's drive). I don't go to the city very often, but when I do it is usally Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

You would think with the size of Winnipeg, it would be open 6 days a week.

Re: Family History Center hours?

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 1:26AM GMT
Hi, May be that they are run by Volunteers? Probably only a very few who give up their time to help.

Perhaps not mny people visit during certain days /hours

- Keeping a centre open - costs dollars -just for heating and light - dollars which are probably very scarce.

Check with your Local Public Library or one nearer your location.
Some Public Libraries - may hold someof the microfilm - or can bring them in from LDS - to a local Library - [those with microfilm reading equipment ]

Are there any specific families / names that you are researching ? Time Frame? etc. Perhaps posting the names etc - may bring results - from persons at the message board.

Cheers, Stella

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 1:13PM GMT
I have check my local library in Arborg and the one in Gimli and none of them have any microfilm readers.

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 7:22PM GMT
What are the names you are researching. What information are you looking for - at LDS ?
Perhaps if you post the names of interest - there may be someone who is researching the same or has come across the info. Or - someone visiting the LDS - may offer to do a search on your behalf for just a Thank You. Could save you hours of research.

Cheers, Stella

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 8:22PM GMT
It is a Probate Will record for William Hunt who died in 1869 in Freeborn County, Minnesota. The old local newspaper of the town of Albert Lea, MN mention one. So I know there is one that exist.

Re: Family History Center hours? HUNT,William dcd 1869

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: HUNT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic