Search for content in message boards

mi'maq

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 6:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
im looking for any information on the name julien my grandfather was Fred julien baptisted Joseph Fred Julien he was taken from his tribe alone with his 10 other siblings any help is most appreciated

Re: mi'maq

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 11:32PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2013 11:42PM GMT
I can see on Nova Scotia VS, a marriage for a
Joseph Frederick Julien to a Mary Ada Myatt in Dartmouth on April 12th 1920.

Joseph Frederick was a Bachelor, age 21. Occupation listed as a Locomotive Fireman. Born in Grand Desert. Son of Frederick Julien and Annie Crowell?

Mary Ada Myatt? was 17, homemaker. Born in West Chezzetcook. Daughter of Ernest Myatt, and cant make out the mother.

Both Roman Catholic, and both residing in Dartmouth.

Is this your branch. Perhaps if you can give me more information such as names, spouses etc I may be able to help more.

Melissa

Also listed in the births is

Gertrude May Julien
Born October 12 1911 Grand Desert
Father Frederick Julien
Mother Annie Crowell
Fathers occupation listed as Fisherman
Race: White

Jeffrie Joseph Julien
Born Dec 30 1909
West Chezzetcook
Father Frederick Julien
Mother Annie Crowell
Fisherman
Race: White

Noted on wiki page for Grand Desert, Nova Scotia

...."Other Acadian families trace their roots to the Cape Breton Acadians who were granted permission to settle in the Chezzetcook area. The family names represented in this group are: Petipas, Roma, Bonin (Bonang), Manet, and MAYET . The Breau and Bonnevie families came from the island of Miquelon and the Julien family descends from a soldier of the Napoleonic Wars. With the signing of the Treaty of Paris (1763), the Acadian population was allowed to live in peace in Nova Scotia. Many deported Acadians were granted permission to return to Nova Scotia and their number slowly grew. There were 47 families on the Chezzetcook Inlet by 1815."

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 7:35PM GMT
my grand father was Fred Ernest Julien married to Hazel Leach, his Mother was Annie lousie GooGoo Julien i believe his fathers name was Joseph Julien thats all ive found so far

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2013 2:16PM GMT
There is a Joseph Julien died February 5th 1957 in Truro.
States he was MicMac Indian.
Born in Nova Scotia
Born October 31 1871 (making him 85 when he died)
States his wifes name is Louise
Burial: Millbrook

Parents are listed as unknown
Informant is listed as his son, and looks like "Sandy?" Julien

Here is the obituary for Alexander "Sandy" Julien who was informant on Josephs death

Born In: Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Passed in: Millbrook, Nova Scotia, Canada
Passed on: September 29th, 2012

Alexander ‘Sandy’ Julien, 95, Millbrook, passed away Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012, at the Mira Long Term Care Centre, Truro.
Born in Truro, he was a son of the late Chief Joseph and Annie Louise (GooGoo) Julien.
Sandy was a veteran of the Second World War and a Life Member of the Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 26, Truro. He was a long-standing member of the Knights of Columbus, Council 6633, Truro, and a Keptin of the Mi’Kmaq Grand Council from 1957 to 2012 for Sipekne’katik. He also served as a councilor for the Millbrook First Nation from 1959 until 1986.
In 1992 The Commemorative Medal for the 125th Anniversary of the Confederation of Canada was conferred upon Sandy. In 1998 Sandy was made an honourary member of the Windsor Hockey heritage Society. In 2002, Sandy was recognized as a faithful member of the Sacred Heart Mission, Truro. On the occasion of the sesquicentennial of the Archdiocese of Halifax. In 2005, Pte. Alexander Julien was awarded the year of the Veteran Award by Veterans Affairs Canada. He was also given an honorable mention by the House of Commons for his sacrifices and achievements in times of war and peace. In 2010 Sandy was awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grand Chief Membertou 400 Mawio’mi Celebrations.
He is survived by sons, Joseph of Dartmouth, Joe B. Marshall of Eskasoni, Keith (Theresa) of Millbrook, Derick of Millbrook; daughters, Angeline Paul of Millbrook, Janet Bernard (Woody) of Millbrook; 20 grandchildren; several great-grandchildren; several great-great-grandchildren; sister Madeline Martin of Millbrook; several godchildren.
He was predeceased by his wife, the former Martha Francis, daughters, Sandra and Linda, grandchildren, Shawn Paul, Kevin Bannon, Stephen Charles Denny, brothers, Stephen, Frank and two brothers in infancy, sisters, Rachael Marshall, Mary Francis and a sister in infancy.
Visitation will take place after 5 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 30 at the home of Sandy Julien, 803 Willow St., Millbrook. Funeral service will take place Tuesday at 11 a.m. from the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, Millbrook, with Fr. Dariusz Miskowicz officiating. Burial will follow in the Sacred Heart Roman Church Cemetery, Millbrook.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Mattatall~Varner Funeral Home, 55 Young St., Truro.
Private messages of condolence may be sent to the family by viewing Sandy’s obituary on-line and selecting “Send A Condolence” at www.mattatallvarnerfh.com.

https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/ItemView.aspx?ImageFile=...

Posted: 15 Sep 2013 4:00PM GMT
Stanley Julien had another brother Normand (spelling). He also lived in Grand Desert all his life.

Posted: 15 Sep 2013 4:11PM GMT
That is 1 of his brother his mother was Annie crowell not Annie flocking as thought do you know my family?

Posted: 15 Sep 2013 4:12PM GMT
That is 1 of his brother his mother was Annie crowell not Annie Goo Goo as thought do you know my family?

Posted: 15 Sep 2013 5:57PM GMT
if we are talking the same family. i know some of them. i knew Fred, the stool i have is one he made later in his life before his eyesight was too bad. He lived around Kennebunkport, maine.If Fred was your grandfather, that would mean your father was either Ernest orEugene. As far as i know Ernest never had kids. So that means your father would be Eugene. That means your First name would begin with either a "P" or "B".

Posted: 15 Sep 2013 10:50PM GMT
i replied to a post by jmcgrath56 . i asked my mother who is 80+ years she told me what she remembers. my grandfather was Stanley Julien, he had 6 brothers Fred, Gibson, Harry, Sinclair, Jeff and norman. their were also girls in the family, but my mother can't remember their names. some are believed to have passed at an early age. i remember Sinclair, i was very young. Jeff,norman lived within walking distance in grand desert. stanley lived on the hill on dike road. gibson married late in life and had a son, yancy. stanley worked on the railroad as a cook.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions