Search for content in message boards

please help

please help

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 3:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Apr 2013 3:10AM GMT
I am looking for information on my fathers side of the family. My great grandfathers name was Hector John Patterson he was born either sept. 1875 or Aug. 1876 I do not know when he died. he married Sarah(sadie)McAuley born in july 1874. in Washabucht Victoria Nova Scotia i am at a complete dead end if any one could please help as both my parents and all of my dads immediate family that we knew have all passed Thank you

Beth Ann Leighton

Re: please help

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Patterson McAuley McKinnon McDougall McLeod Maespir
FamilySearch has the attached Boston, Mass., marriage record for Hector John Patterson and Sadie McAuley which shows his parents to be John Patterson and Maggie McKinnon. Her parents are Allen McAuley and Sarah McDougall. In the 1881 census for N.S., the Pattersons are living at Fourchu, Richmond, N.S. In 1891, they're at Framboise, Richmond, N.S.
FamilySearch also has a record (no image) of the marriage of John Patterson to Margaret McKinnon on February 6th, 1866, at Fourchu, Cape Breton. His father is Angus Patterson and his mother is Peggy McLeod. Her father is Donald McKinnon and her mother is Christine "Maespir".
This may be the family you're researching.
Linda
Attachments:

Posted: 19 Apr 2013 8:54PM GMT
Linda yes that is the family i am looking for. I am finding it very hard to find anything on my fathers side you see i have Allan McAuley but can get back no farther the only thing i have found is that his fathers name may have been daniel or donald and thats it. could you please tell me where you found this information as i have been looking and couldnt find anything. And a great big Thank you for this information. that you sent. I started doing this with my mom last summer and she passed this last Nov. so for me this is how im working through missing her so much. Thank you again for your help

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: McAuley McAulay McDougall
The records are found at LDS FamilySearch:
https://familysearch.org/search You can use the search engine and also the browsing section which is at the bottom of the first page. (Browse all published collections....choose Canada, then Nova Scotia.)
The marriage record for Allan "McAulay" is found using the search engine and you will see that his parents are Donald and Mary. Allan was born in 1831 at Washabuck and married Sarah McDougall on June 19, 1871, at Baddeck, N.S. Her parents are Angus and Sarah.
Here is another good site for Nova Scotia records:
http://www.genealogysearch.org/canada/novascotia.html
You may want to start with the Nova Scotia Historical Vital Stats (first item on list); you'll have to accept the terms and conditions to see these records.
Linda

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 5:19PM GMT
linda,

thank you so much for all your help i really appriciate it.

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 7:35PM GMT
You're welcome!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions