Search for content in message boards

Rowland Judd of NC

Rowland Judd of NC

Mary Ann Karnes (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2006 1:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judds TN.NC.KY
Does anyone know if Rowland left a will when he died?.
I am trying to connect Rowland to my Robert Judd born about 1765
thanks
Mary Ann

Re: Rowland Judd of NC

Jane McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2006 4:29AM GMT
Hi, Mary Ann -

Which of Robert's children are you descended from? He's also in my direct line from Rowland Sr. I come through Robert's daughter, Elizabeth "Betsy" Judd who married Thomas Williamson. Which child of Robert's do you descend from?

Jane

Posted: 6 Sep 2006 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Rowland Judd
Robert son of Rowland. I am trying to connect Robert to Rowland with some type of proff.
Robert married Rachel Greer daughter of Benjamin Greer they also were in the same area. Have you ever seen a will for Rowland?
Robert's son John Greer Judd,Benjamin F.,Jefferson D. my granddaddy was Hurshel my mother was Lillian Judd.
John left Ky and went to TN . My bunch were born either in Overton or Putnam county Tn Putnam was made a county from Overton and several other large counties.
so nice to hear from someone thru Robert.

Jo Judd (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2006 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Judd, Feese (Fees)
Just for information, we are also descended from Robert Judd and Rachel Greer through their son James. James married Nancy Feese in Adair County, Kentucky on 26 Nov 1823. Some time later they moved to Indiana and then on to Des Moines County, Iowa (near Burlington) where they lived the rest of their lives. Many of their descendants live in southern Iowa and northern Missouri. Don't know if I have any information that you might need, but would be glad to share.

Lorna (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2006 6:26PM GMT
Surnames: Judd, Richardson, boadway
Hi! My greatgrandfather came to canada in 1872 from westminster, england. is father was fredrick william Judd married to elizabeth Stone. It seems alot of this families have the same names and a religious backgroud.

Posted: 8 Sep 2006 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Rowland Jodd NC
I would love to have anyinfo you have on Robert/Rachel and children
Do you know where they are buried? Does anyone of the bible?
Did Robert have a will? I am trying to prove my relationship to them I have to have it in paper proof. John Greer Judd moved to Overton county Tn. and that is where I descend down from. I know that Rachel was a Greer/Grier from NC.I have copy of John Greer will leaving son Benjamin mdse. Cannot find a will for Benjamin leaving Rachel anything have to connect these folfs
thanks
Mary Ann

Posted: 8 Sep 2006 8:00PM GMT
somewhere in my search I read that some of Judd bunch went on up to Canada. Rowland Baptism record for 1835 in England is on the postings I believe this site if you cannot find I will see if my scanner will work today. I quite a day or two ago and will send it to you
Mary Ann

Jane McGuire (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2006 8:24PM GMT
Hi, Mary Ann, Jo, and Everyone -

Sorry to be late in replying - but my genealogy work is usually relegated to weekends when I'm not doing my 9 - 5.

If Rowland Sr had a will, I don't recall mention of it anywhere in all my searching that I could go back and find. I quickly checked in the book "Judd" by Peggy Gregory and didn't find mention of a will per se either. Quoting the book: "Rowland Judd gradually disposed of his land. One of the last recorded deeds was dated 4 May 1801 when he sold twentyfive acres of land for $25.00 to John Judd. (Note: Book Ref 22 "Deed of Sale from Rowland Judd to John Judd," 4 May 1801, recorded Aug term 1801 by oath of Rowland Judd Jr; Deed Book C-1, pp 247, 248., Wilkes County, N. C. Courthouse). His death occurred in Reddies River, Wilkes Co NC on 25 Oct 1806." So perhaps a letter to the Courthouse could result in something. I have read in the Wilkes Co Genealogical Society bulletins that Rowland's property, real and personal, was sold in a sheriffi's sale a couple of years before his death but for what reason I don't know. I can locate this for you if you wish but it willl take a little time. I have a lot of the older bulletins which actually gives quite a bit of interesting information on the Judds, Greers, Willcoxsons, etc.

To again quote the "Judd" book: "The Green County probate records do not have an inventory or administration of the estate of Robert Judd, so it is presumed that before his death, he had disposed of his property".

Elizabeth "Betsy" Judd and her husband, Thomas Williamson, were not documented in the Judd book, however, being my lineage, I can provide that for anyone interested. Many of the Judds and Williamsons moved to Crawford Co, Indiana and other counties and then to Illinois and some on to Iowa and further. Elizabeth and Thomas settled in Knox Co, Ill, just 50 miles from Burlington, and there were several Judd relatives in Knox so Elizabeth had "family" nearby.

It's a very interesting family.

Jane

Judy Bigras (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2006 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Judd, Deming, Boadway, Lindsay, Wright, Bigras, Smith, Stewart
Hi Lorna

I don't know if I gave you this information or not. I received it from cousin Roger Shell who was able to go to England and look up information going back 3 more generation.

The parents of Frederick William Judd b: March 30, 1811 in St. Margaret's, Westminster, London, England were:

William Judd b: April 17, 1785 in Stretton-on Densmore, Warwick, England, d: March 22, 1862 in Sussex Road 17, Islington East, St.Mary, Middlesex, England and was married on February 2, 1806 in St. Margaret's Westmininster, Middlesex, England to Mary Richardson b: bef. 1790 in England d: August 18, 1855 in 4 Gloucester Street, Regent's Park, St. Pancras, Middlesex, England. Children: William James, George Stephen, Frederick William, Maria, Caroline Sarah, Sophia Elizabeth & Louisa A.

William Judd's parents were:
John Judd b: abt September 23, 1759, m: October 10, 1780 in Stretton-on-Densmore, Warwick, England to Elizabeth Green b: before 1765. Children: Elizabeth, John, William, Richard, Thomas, Lucy, George and Joseph.

John Judd's parents were:
Thomas Judd b: before 1740, m: before 1757 in Warwick, England to Elizabeth ? b: before 1742. Children: Elizabeth, John, Thomas, Joseph, Betty and James.

It was Frederick William Judd's sons Frederick Charles, Henry/Harry, Walter Robert, and Frederick Richard who came to Canada in the 1870's.

It would be great if anyone had information connecting our family to the Judd's who went to the United States.

Judy Judd-Bigras

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 12:43AM GMT
Surnames: Rowland Judd NC
Jane,I would love to have what you have on the Greer, Wilcoxson and Judd lines. My Rowland line is Robert I may have typed John some where as I have traced the John Greer line until I think my name is johnnie. Robert married Rachel Greer.
thanks some much for all your help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic