Search for content in message boards

lorenzo d hicks?

lorenzo d hicks?

Posted: 20 Jul 2011 11:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: hicks
I am looking for any info on Lorenzo Hicks, father of Lewis G. Hicks. He would be my 3x great grandfather. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: lorenzo d hicks?

Posted: 21 Jul 2011 10:58AM GMT
Lorenzo's parents were John Hicks and Rebecca Wade of Wythe
county Va, married in Blount Co Tenn.
My line is Lorenzo, Edward, Charles, Arleen.
Farther back is conjecture, possibly Richard Hicks and
Jane Skaggs of Kanawha.

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 9:08PM GMT
Hope you are still reading these posts ... I am a novice and just discovered them. Lorenzo Dow Hicks was my great-grandfather, married to Lucinda (some say Wisely but not sure). I have been looking forever for info on his granddaugter, Emeline Minerva who he and Lucinda raised. She was the daughter of Mary Jane, their daughter, but as far as I know went by the name of Hicks.She was my grandmother but died in around 1912 or somewhere around there. If you have received any info, I'd really love to share it. Thanks.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 2:19AM GMT
I also have a great grandfather that was Lorenzo D Hicks. From TN. Did u ever find any info on him?

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 3:27PM GMT
Lorenzo D Hicks of Wythe co Va was the son of John Hicks and Rebecca Wade, married in Blount Tenn in 1816. They lived later in Wythe, then Lorenzo married Lucinda Wisely and moved to Tazewell/Bland, and finally in Mercer WV where Lorenzo died in 1861. Lucinda lived there the rest of her life. There was another Lorenzo D, not related, in NC/Tenn area. Name similarity was from a traveling preacher Lorenzo Dow who had many boys of different families named for him.
from Larry Surface.

Posted: 8 Oct 2013 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hicks, Kelley
If you don't have the info yet, contact me & I will give you info. This was my husband's line through Rosa Belle, daughter of Lewis G. Hicks. Rosa Belle married Owen Kelley. Barb Kelley Contact info: wvmountain2@hotmail.com

Posted: 2 Dec 2013 10:52PM GMT
Was very happy to get this info. Thanks. Have you by chance seen the marriage certificate? Was always told that Lucinda was a Wise not Wisely .. was also told that she was an Indian child adopted by the Wise/Wisely family as they travelled through Mercer Co., WV near Spanishburg. How are you related? nhstewart@suddenlink.net..

Posted: 28 Jan 2014 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Hicks, Kelley
We have been corresponding for quite some time [before you retired]. My name is Barbara Kelley & my husband was William [Bill].His grandmother was Rosa Belle Hicks, daughter of Lewis G.

Posted: 28 Jan 2014 11:12PM GMT
Hi Barbara, I still have all the info that I got from you on the Hicks but still haven't been able to find out anything about Lucinda so that is why I was posting. Neither have I been able to find out anything about my grandmother Emmeline Minerva, other than she was raised by Lorenzo and Lucinda. She supposedly was a child of Mary Jane, their daughter ... This summer I am going to the cemetery where many of the Hicks are buried to see if I can find her grave. Thanks for responding.

Posted: 20 Apr 2014 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Hicks
I have a Lorenzo Dow Hicks in my family tree although his parents are listed as Hambright Patrick Hicks and Sarah Ann Hulsey. He was born 12/20/1871 in Catoosa County Georgia and died in Cullman Alabama in 1904. He was married to Susan E Copeland in 1849 in Etowah County, Alabama.

I am wondering if there is any link between my Lorenzo Hicks and the one that is posted about in their thread.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic