Search for content in message boards

1841 Census Lookup Request: John ARNOLD bn c1831 Dartford

1841 Census Lookup Request: John ARNOLD bn c1831 Dartford

Clif (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2006 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2006 6:01PM GMT
Surnames: Arnold
I am looking for a John Thomas Arnold Born Abt 1831 - on 1851 Census says he was Born Dartford. On 1851 he is living with his future wifes family in Gravesend, If any one can find him, hopefully he will be living with his family , it would be much appreciated as hit a brick wall with his parents as cannot find his Marriage either for name of his Father.

Thanks. Clif

Marriage of John Thomas ARNOLD: 1856 Pancras (London)

Posted: 26 Jan 2006 6:12PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Hello Clif -- could this be John's marriage record which I found on the FreeBMDs website?

Marriage June quarter 1856
ARNOLD John Thomas Pancras 1b 127

There are two female names cross-referenced with this record on the website but I couldn't tell if either one was relevent since you didn't mention the name of John's wife. Regards, Andrea (Kent Board admin)

ARNOLD & PARKER Marriage: 1852 North Aylesford

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 2:24AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2006 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Arnold, Parker
The wifes name was Ellen Parker....we have a certificate for a JAMES Thomas Arnold marrying an Ellen Parker id N Aylesford Sep 1852 . If you go to the 1861 Census the only ' Ellen '; Arold is Married to Juhn Thopmas Arnold - so we are about to get the origional Certificate checked in case it is a mistranslation, in the Indexes ect. it does not help at the moment asw we do not know the name of Ellens father, as her mother is a Widow on thye 1851, with John living with her family - so no lead on his fathers name either.
I tried to find the Parker family on the 1841 Census for Milton nxt Gravesend today with no luck.
I still could do with an 1841 Census look- up where hopefully at age about 10 he is at home, ' tucked ' up in bed, with Mum and Dad, figurately speaking.

Thanks for your time and consideratyion..now to free BMD.

- Clif

Re: ARNOLD & PARKER Marriage: 1852 North Aylesford

Posted: 22 Jul 2008 3:51AM GMT
Hi Clif, You probably already have the information you are looking for but my great great grandfather Peter Parker of Milton, Gravesend was the brother of an Ellen Parker who married a John Arnold of Dartford in 1851 in Gravesend. At the time of the 1851 Census John Arnold is living with the Parker family and had yet to marry Ellen. They marry and have 6 known children. Ellen dies of TB on Nov. 22, 1868 about one year after giving birth to the last 2 children - twin boy and girl. John then marries Ellen's younger sister Amelia on Jan. 16, 1870 in Southwark, Surrey. John is said to be a 39 year old Bricklayer, son of George Arnold. Ellen and Amelia Parker are the daughters of Daniel Parker, a Waterman possibly of Milton, Gravesend and Elizabeth Ball of Dartford. Daniel dies before the Census of 1841. Maybe this is your Ellen Parker. Sue

Posted: 22 Jul 2008 8:26AM GMT

Thanks for your reply. I was looking into this family for someone else and much of what you mention, I seem to recall.
I found some additional info on the Arnold family at Darford Library and believe some info on the IGI on the Parker family ( the Parker = Bull Marriage ) . From what I cabn remember John Arnold ends uop in Durham by the 1901 Census.
WE had no luck tracing a George Arnold.
The chap whose line this is is a Gordon Arnold and I believe he is still on Genes Reunited. Twins run in the family !.

- Clif

- Clif

- Clif

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 11:41AM GMT
Hi

The couple you mention marry on 18th July 1852 in Northfleet church,they are both servants living in Northfleet.The fathers names are as you mention,with the exception of the witnesses names as William Ridley and Maria Tasker?

James Thomas Arnold could of been illigetimate,hence the reason you cannot find anything out abot him.

Regards John

Re: 1841 Census Lookup Request: John ARNOLD bn c1831 Dartford

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 8:58PM GMT
Hi Cliff

Info as follows[

Holy Trinity Dartford
Baptism of John thomas Arnold April 15 1832 son of George
Edward & Ann Arnold a gardener.Lived Dartford

Burial of a George Arnold March 31 1844 aged 62 yrs in the churchyard.There is also a George & Ann Arnold with a son john aged 9 yrs in Dartford on the 1841 census,but i do not have access.

Regards John

Re: 1841 Census Lookup Request: John ARNOLD bn c1831 Dartford

Posted: 6 Aug 2008 8:14AM GMT
On the 1841 census of Dartford, there's a Louisa Arnold, 35, Charwoman, not born in Kent and 4 children, all born in Kent, as follows: George,11; John, 9; Susan, 8; and Elizabeth, 4. The address is hard to read but looks like 2 Harts Lane.
Cheers, Dave

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 7:36AM GMT
Stumbled across this. This is very handy to me too thanks as we come down from John Arnold son Francis John Arnold :-)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions