Search for content in message boards

Beatrice Brooks of Clay County, Alabama; Wilburn Brooks; John Richard Johnson of AL

Beatrice Brooks of Clay County, Alabama; Wilburn Brooks; John Richard Johnson of AL

Posted: 19 Nov 2007 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brooks/Johnson
I am looking for information on the ancestry of either Beatrice Loraine Brooks, born abt. 1914 in Clay County, Alabama. She was the daughter of Wilburn C. Brooks, and she married John Richard Johnson in Alabama.

Re: Beatrice Brooks of Clay County, Alabama; Wilburn Brooks; John Richard Johnson of AL

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 3:17PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks&Johnson Familys
Hi Pat Beatrice's Middle name was Corine,Call me sometime #is 727-822-4771 Love, Aunt Helen

Re: Beatrice Brooks of Clay County, Alabama; Wilburn Brooks; John Richard Johnson of AL

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 5:55PM GMT
I'am African American, My Brooks family is one of the largest and oldest in this country. My great-great grand father was Champ(Charles)Brooks born on or about 1834 or 1832, His parents was Peter and Rosia Brooks, they had a daughters named America and Mariah, and a son named Palms, I know there were more children,because slaves had alot of children,I know there was a Brooks plantation in GA. In 1858,he married Lottie,Creek Indian-which in 1860 they lived in Chambers County in the area of Fredonia,Lanett,Lafayett, and Opelika, and Tuskegee Alabama. and some the Brooks family lived in WestPoint GA. If you have any information pl contact me at 732-693-6358 and maybe I can share some with you I have our African Name and the Tribe we come from. thank you in advance for your help.

Posted: 28 Aug 2011 11:24PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2011 11:36PM GMT
Surnames: Brooks or Johnson
My Grandfather's Name was Wilburn C Brooks.He was born in Georgia in the year 1867.I don't think he had a plantation.The family were Cotton Farmers in Alabama[in Clay County],and the whole family were White as far as I know. Most were fair and had Red Hair.There is a Picture of my Mom in a white Pinafore type dress with a long white bag that hung down her back,picking cotton.We still had two cotton mattresses on beds when I was a teenager.I know they had Share Cropers who were still living there when the siblings got together and desided to sell the Farm.

Posted: 8 Sep 2011 9:47PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson,Brooks,Blackburn
My Dearest Pat, Moms name was Beatrice Corine Brooks,I found it over and over. Love you all Aunt Helen.

Posted: 25 Sep 2012 12:39AM GMT
Hello, my name is Anita from Goodwater, AL. My mother is the granddaughter of Wilburn Brooks. Her mom was Doris Inez Brooks.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 5:43PM GMT
Hello:

I am African American, and my maiden name is Brooks. My family starts with Champ Brooks, whom was born abt.1834 and in 1858 Champ married a Creek Indian girl from the Towles plantation, which was arranged by their Masters. In 1870 cenus they lived in Fredonia, Chambers County Alabama and they had about 5 children then. Brooks family is one of the oldest and largest African American family in this country. Our African named has been handed down from generation to generation, and the Tribe whence we came from.
Champ Brooks, had two sister America Brooks-Howell and Mariah Brooks-Tidwell and a brother named Palm Brooks. I know there were more siblings,but thats all at my disposal. Please feel free to contact me at cheryl.wright2@judicary.state.nj.us. God Bless, and Good Luck with your research.

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 12:53PM GMT
Beatrice would have been my Great Aunt. I am CALVIN BROOKS son of Vinson Broooks

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 12:56PM GMT
Hello Anita from Good Water I am Calvin Brooks from Anniston Al. I am the great Grand sone of Wilburn Brooks.

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 1:11PM GMT
Hi I am Calvin brooks Son of Vinson Brooks. My Grandfather was W.O. Brooks son of Wilburn Brooks. My email is crbrooks@cableone.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic