Search for content in message boards

ancestors

ancestors

mariellen james (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: bolton
looking for Boltons from towland of kilgorey in county clare
Mary Bolton leased land there in1840|s -married to William Bolton -emigrated to U.S. during potato famine-are there any living Bolton relatives in Co.Clare?

Bolton

Declan Barron (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Knockdoocunna is bordering Kilgorey and Michael Balton is lisyed there in the Tithes with 7 acres.
I tried e-mailing you but my mail was returned, wrong address

Bolton

Declan Barron (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bolton

Here are 2 graves from the Tulla area of Clare

From Kilnoe graveyard :-
In loving memory of
Anne Bolton, Ballydonahaine who died 1882 aged 30
her husband William who died in Australia
Erected by their son Patrick of Aukland, New Zealand

From Killuran graveyard :-
Michael Bolton Newtown died Jan 1948
and Mary died 1918
and son Stephen died 1961

Re: Bolton

mary (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2006 4:25PM GMT
Hi there,was very interested in your message as you mentioned graves in tulla county clare,as thats where my father was born and his father too.I have traced my gg grandfather patrick bolton who was born in tulla in 1841 and went on to marry an anne lynch.What intrests me is your william bolton,have you any idea as to what year he was born as he may well be a brother of patrick,many thanks mary

Re: ancestors

Posted: 18 May 2007 6:36PM GMT
Hi there,was your william bolton born roughly 1803 in tulla county clare and married mary obrien??They had about 7 or 8 children before emmigrating to illionise.There first born child was michael bolton born 1828 and the next was patrick born 1831.Hope to hear from you..
mary moe nee bolton

Re: ancestors

Posted: 1 Jun 2007 5:46PM GMT
Hi there,i think i have emailed you before,but i think your william and a brother to my michael..I now know for sure that william married mary obrien in tulla county clare,before they went to kilgorey..The first two of their children were born in tulla..
Hope to hear from you..
mary

Re: Bolton ancestors

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Bolton Hogan
I have a Mary Bolton born in County Clare in the Killokennedy area, born about 1848. She married Michael Hogan and lived near Ballyquinbeg. She died in 1882 after bearing several children. Her parents were John and Catherine Bolton and they would have been born around the mid 1820's. Is there any connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic