Search for content in message boards

Halpins in Cork

Halpins in Cork

Bill Halpin (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Halpin, Ahern
Need help researching Thomas Halpin, born 1819 or 1820 in Cork. His father was James; is mother was Mary.
Thomas married Mary Ahern (possibly on 12 Feb 1850, St. Catherine's Parish of Conna).
They had at least three sons Michael, William, James (possibly a fourth son,Thomas, and two daughters, Elizabeth and Mary).
May have lived in Curraylass, Parish of Conna.
Emigrated to Boston - possibly in 1870/71.
Known to have resided on Depot Street, Milford MA in May 1874. Died in Milford 24 Jan 1885

Re: Halpins in Cork

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 3:02AM GMT
I AM RESEARCHING A THOMAS HALPIN BORN 24 JUNE 1837 (ABT) MARRIED A MARY AHERN/HEARN AND HER FATHER'S NAME WAS PATRICK. THEY LIVED AND ATTENDED THE MCHENRY CATHOLIC CHURCH - ARE BURIED THERE. THEY ALSO LIVED IN ELGIN IL. MARY WAS FROM LISTOWEL(SP) IRELAND. I'M LOOKING FOR THE FAMILY/S ROOTS FOR THOMAS HALPIN. THANK YOU

Re: Halpins in Cork

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 12:24PM GMT
Marylynn,
Timing seems to match (Thomas born 1820; Mary 1826), but my Thomas and Mary emigrated sometime after 1856. They settled in Milford/Hopkington, MA and died there (Thomas in 1885; Mary in 1891). They're buried in St Mary Cemetery in Milford. They had three sons and a daughter -- all born in Ireland. Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic