Search for content in message boards

Browning relatives from England

Browning relatives from England

Dawn Browning Yzaguirre (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 4:23PM GMT
William Browning was born about 1615 in London,Middlesex, England. He died in 1682 in Jamestown,VA. His wife's name is unknown. William immigrated to America around 1623 on the ship the Bona Nova. this man is most likely the son of John Browning,although the line of descent cannot be 100% directly traced. John was born in 1594 (prob. Willisham Hall)Eng. and died in Elizabeth City,VA. He left Gravesend,Eng. in 1621-22 on the ship "Abigail". He settled in Elizabeth City, VA. He served in the VA House of Burgess (similar to a state legislature)in 1629. He is found in the book of "original lists of persons of Quality". John probably ws William's father, but could have been his uncle or some close relative. We cannot be completely sure.

John Browning

Pat Fesler (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 6:39PM GMT
Dawn,
Saw your messages on here, how does this relate to our line - this is some new info that I don't have, please send to my email and let me know.

WILLIAM

Joyce A lee (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 1:03PM GMT
HERE IS WHAT IS IN THE BROWNING BOOK ON WILLIAM----SON OF CAPT. JOHN BROWNING BORN ABOUT 1615, IN ENGLAND HE CAME OVER WITH HIS FATHER IN 1622 AND SETTLED AT JAMESTOWN, VA HE MARRIED, IN JAMESTOWN, BUT WE DO NOT KNOW WHOM, PROBELY ABOUT 1645. HE HAD AT LEAST ONE SON, NAMELY JOHN, B, ABOUT 1646..WILLIAM BROWNING IS MENTIONED AS HAVEING RECIEVED FROM HIS FATHER, CAPT. JOHN BROWNING, 250 ACRES OF LAND, DEED RECORED IN 1646. HE PURCHASED FROM THE CROWN (GEORGE THE SECOND), 400 ACRES IN AMELIA COUNTY, ON THE UPPER SIDE OF BUFFALO RIVER======= THAT IS WHAT THE BOOK SAYS THANKS FOR YOUR INFO...

JOHN SON OF WILLIAM

Joyce A lee (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 1:13PM GMT
SON OF WILLIAM BROWNING BORN ABOUT 1646 AT JAMESTOWN VA.. HE MARRIED ABOUT 1665 OR 1675, AT JAMESTOWN, VA AND HAD AT LEAST ONE SON WHO WAS NAMED AFTER HIS FATHER, NAMELY; JOHN JR, B. 1666 OR 1676 HE IS MENTIONED, OCT.6,1682, AS CONNECTED WITH THE SOMERS ISLAND CO. AND AS HAVEING SIGNED A PETITION TO THE GOVERNOR OF THE SOMERS ISLAND

JOHN JR SON OF JOHN

Joyce A lee (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 1:28PM GMT
SON OF JOHN BROWNING BORN ABOUT 1666 OR 1676, AT JAMESTOWN,VA. HE WAS MARRIED ABOUT 1699, AT JAMESTOWN, VA. HE HAD SEVEN SONSAT LEAST, AND MAY HAVE HAD OTHER CHILDREN, NAMELY; FRANCIS, SR. B. ABOUT 1700---- JOHN 3D, B. ABOUT 1702---EDMUND, B. ABOUT 1704.-----JAMES, B. ABOUT 1706.---- THOMAS, B. ABOUT 1708. ---- WILLIAM, B. ABOUT 1710.---- NICHOLAS, B. ABOUT 1712... THERE IS NO INFO ON THOMAS OR NICHOLAS IN THE BOOK AS THERE ARE MANY OTHER NAMES IN THE BOOK WITH NO INFO SO THERE ARE LOTS OF RELIVETIES MISSING...IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO MY E-MAIL IS lucie@netdirect.net THANKS

Not All Brownings Are From Capt. John

Posted: 21 Jan 2001 11:47AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 11:11AM GMT
Most researchers base their studies solely on the work of Dr. Edward Franklin Browning. For another viewpoint relative to the southern Brownings, I recommend W. N. Hurley's book, Our Maryland Heritage, Book 12, Browning Families in which he refutes many of the claims which attempt to connect our Browning lines to Captain John Browning.

W. N. Hurley's book

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 4:51PM GMT
Be aware that Hurley's Book, The Browning Families, does not mention source material for many of the early Browning's. While the book is much better than Dr. Edward Franklin Browning's it still leaves one wondering exactly where he got his information from.

Teresa

Hurley Book

Posted: 26 Jan 2001 3:54AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 11:11AM GMT
I share your concern that previous researchers haven't left us a better trail to follow. However, I consider both Franklin's and Hurley's books remarkable in view of the abundance of totally unfounded data that is being exchanged on the internet.

Browning

Laurinda Weldon (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2001 6:51PM GMT
I really need more information on John Thomas Browning, born in Tuscaloosa Alabama, and his first wife Allie Robinson. I am looking for how much Indian blood there is in this line. I know that John had some and that Allie was maybe 100%. Please e mail me with any info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic