Search for content in message boards

Jacob Horne Jr and Susan Ellen Scott Page

Jacob Horne Jr and Susan Ellen Scott Page

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 5:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Horne, Scott, Page
I am seeking information on Susan Ellen Scott Page born May 5, 1824 in Lancaster, N.H. Susan married Jacob Horne Jr (b 16 Dec 1816 in Wolfeboro, NH.) Susan and Jacob married 21 Aug 1846 in St Johnsbury, VT.

A letter written in 1950 by my husband's grandmother, Maud Simmons Moore Brown, states the following (sorry, didn't correct any spelling or punctuation):

"Now I am an Iserlite by foreparent Susen Ellen Page then adopeded to get possession of her heratage to Scot of Main New Hampshire being her birthplace & Inheratage by one Iriquah Injun girl Wife of Page who died at early age of child 2 year She was given to pages Mother her G Mother She also was Iserlite She married Jacob Horne a navy man in the early days he was Scotch man also a Iserlite of Ephram tribe son of Joseph"

So being relatively new to genealogy, I have found record of the marriage of Susan Ellen Scott Page to Jacob Horne Jr. There has always been considerable conversation regarding the topic of Native American heritage and the finger has always been pointed towards Susan as providing that link.

In another letter dated in 1960, Maud wrote: "Gpa name Was Jacob Horne was near 20 years older than his wife Susen E Page a baby Born to the tribe of Iriqua Injun in Vermont her father was killed. I know not how but his name was Scot but a family adopted her by name Page She was inroled I can not tell number or but her Head Rite was in Vermont"

Any information about Susan and her ancestry would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Jacob Horne Jr and Susan Ellen Scott Page

Posted: 18 Mar 2006 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Page, Dunster, Gould,
I wonder whether you have been able to find any more information about Susan and the Page that would have been her father (from what you had written.)

We have some Page ancestors who came from Boston, Lancaster, NH, on to NY Ohio and Illinois. I have been looking for any Indian blood in the ancestry because some of our relatives are darker skinned with high cheekbones.

Please reply and maybe we connect somehow. Thanks
Carolyn

per page

Find a board about a specific topic