Search for content in message boards

Searching for O'Hanlons in Tralee, County Kerry

Searching for O'Hanlons in Tralee, County Kerry

Posted: 13 Aug 2001 2:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Hanlon
My sister and I are searching for information about our mothers family. My grandmother was Agnes O'Hanlon and she came to England with some of her sisters. Two of the sisters were:
Roseanne a nurse who lived in London
Bridget who lived in Rubery near Birmingham
Agnes who lived in Birmingham
We believe two sisters remained in Tralee and may have become Nuns. We have no information about any brothers.
Please can yoiu help?

Re: Searching for O'Hanlons in Tralee, County Kerry

Posted: 18 Apr 2003 11:40PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2004 12:31PM GMT
Hello!

I am researching the O'Hanlon's from the same area and am wondering the dates your referring to in your message.

Posted: 19 Apr 2003 10:55AM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2004 8:17PM GMT
Hi Debbie
I am looking for O'Hanlons pre 1930. I know that the sisters I am related to came to England together and as my Mom was born 1930 they must have been here for a relatively short time before this.

Posted: 19 Apr 2003 12:21PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2004 12:31PM GMT
My O'Hanlon timeline is very similar to yours. I will keep in touch as I go along. Just in case in run into any of your clan.

My O'Hanlon's start with my great grandfather; John Joseph O'Hanlon who married Agnes Leahy and had one child at least - Bridget in 1904 in Ireland. Agnes died soon after and John moved to Birmingham, England - remarried (to who, I don't know) and had two more boys - William and ? William was born around 1915.

I realize these names don't mean anything to you - but since we are studying the same time line, I may come across your lineage, or vice versa - or one never knows, there could be a connection.

Debbie

Posted: 24 Feb 2012 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: O'Brien Hanlon
My mother was Roseanne Hanlon, and she was a nurse during the war and lived in London from the late '40s; her sisters were Mamie, Elena, Rita, Agnes (aka Jean), Teresa. There was also a brother, John. They are all listed in the 1911 Census of Ireland as Hanlon, except my mother, who was born in October, 1911, and Teresa (or Theresa), who must have been the youngest. Their mother, Margaret O'Brien, married John Hanlon and they lived with his parents, James and Ellen and Margret's brother, Thomas. They were all born in Kerry, except for James O'Brien, who was born in Waterford. They lived at 25, McGowen's Lane, Tralee.

My sister was born in 1933, in the Birmingham area. I remember visiting Auntie Rita in a little workers'-type cottage in Birmingham. Could Rita have been 'Bridget'? I know Agnes was also known as Jean.

I am in touch with my cousin, who was Sonia Hanlon, and members of her family. The little we know is on Genes Reunited.

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: O'Hanlons
did you try St John's Mercy Convent, Balloonagh, Tralee
Tel: 066 71 21199
Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Lodge, Balloonagh, Tralee, Co. Kerry
Tel: 066 - 7126336.
my grand aunt was a nun there.
Hope you will find a answer there

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 5:40AM GMT
I am also trying to locate information on O'Hanlons in Tralee. Granfather, Thimothy Father, Patrick Grandfather in Army and lived in army cottages in Tralee. I think there was another son Michael.That is extent of my knowledge
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions