Search for content in message boards

Micajah Collier- baptist Minister

Micajah Collier- baptist Minister

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 5:37AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 1:26PM GMT
Micajah Collier(Colyer) b 1777 Va father was born Md served Rev War(have no proof other than letter)Micajah died 1849 Monroe Co Indiana.
Lived Va Tn Floyd Co Ky before Indiana.married Sarah Patrick-Does anyone have data on maryland bunch?
Thanks
Dord

Micajah Collier

Alan Golden (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 3:32AM GMT
Micajah Collier is my 5xgt.grandfather. I believe his parents were Isaac Collier and Mary Gaines. Their line can be traced back on ancestry.com. If you would like further information contact me on alangolden@arch13.fsnet.co.uk.
Regards Alan

Micajah Collier's parents?

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 6:21AM GMT
hi Alan;
I emailed you at home.I did not find Isaac & Mary Gaines Collier on ancestry.com.
Do you mean message board?
Thanks for any help & Sharing.
Dord

Stephen Collier/Colyer - Baptist Minister

Posted: 30 Apr 2001 7:50AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2005 3:23PM GMT
Stephen Collier b. June 10, 1772 in TN. Of RockCastle, Lincoln & Pulaski Co, KY. d.May 1844 RockCastle Co, KY. per obit in "History of KY Baptists" m. ? Elkins. Sons Champ/Champaign, Jilson/Gilson, Cager/Maccager. Dau Elizabeth m. Aquilla Smith.(My g-g-grandparents) Champ & Jilson Collier and Aquilla Smith all purchased land in Jackson Co, IN 1830s.
Do you have siblings for your Micajah? Might Stephen be a brother?
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 4:44PM GMT
Hi;
Do not know bro & sisters of Micajah Collier.
He was born In Va died 1849 Ind. Some of our lines were in Jackson Co In early then into Lawrence & Monroe.Possible that Stephen was a bro as Micajah named my gr grandfather Stephen(his son)No proof however.Sorry
Dord

Stephen Collier/Colyar

Posted: 12 May 2001 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 22 Apr 2002 8:27PM GMT
Please - do you have any more info on Stephen and/or son Gilson?? I've been looking so long just to run into dead ends. Gilson my gggrandfather. Died in Edgar Co., IL btwn 1880 - 1890. Were there any other children of Stephen and who did he marry? You have no idea how VERY pleased I was to see this message.

Jilson Colyer

Posted: 13 May 2001 7:52AM GMT
I have wife's name as Sarah, no surname. I do have a little more info on Stephen. Please e-mail me at mjgerman123@cs.com

Re: Stephen Collier/Colyer - Baptist Minister

Posted: 2 Jan 2002 3:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2005 7:40PM GMT
I am confused! I have information that Stephen Collier was a Presbyterian minister born in VA. He wed a Hannah Elkins. Their daughter Elizabeth was born in VA in 1800. Her family moved to Kentucky when she was very young. It was there, in 1815, that she wed Aquilla Smith. They ended up in Madison Co., Iowa.

Re: Stephen Collier/Colyer - Baptist Minister

Posted: 3 Jan 2002 5:25AM GMT
The 1872 minutes of the Cumberland River Association of Baptists in Kentucky included an obituary for Elder Stephen Collier who was born June 10, 1772 in Tennessee and died May 1844 in Kentucky. A Smith family history states that his daughter Elizabeth Collier, who married Aquilla Smith was born 1800 in VA. If Elizabeth was born in VA, it makes more sense to me that her father Stephen would have been born in VA also, rather than TN which is further west. What is your source for the birthplace of Stephen?
From what I have been told, this family had a long association with the Baptist church. I visited Winterset, IA this past summer and met distant cousins who have done considerable research on the Smith family. Aquilla & Elizabeth and several of their descendants are buried at the Primitive Baptist Church, a typical midwestern country church, which sits on the outskirts of town.
Also, we are not sure of Stephen's wife's name. Some have thought Hannah, others Nancy. Do you have a record of their marriage?

Re: Micajah Collier- baptist Minister

Val (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2002 3:03AM GMT
Hi, I just came across your message, and was wondering if you have any more info on Micajah Collier or his descendents? Micajah Collier married to Sarah Patrick??? I know of Elizabeth Collier as their daughter, but no other children. I would appreciate any info you could give. Thanks. Val
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions