Search for content in message boards

Kilgore

Kilgore

Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2003 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Kilgore, Layne
I am looking for information on Esther Kilgore born 1803 in Marion County,Tennessee. She married John Layne Jr.They had 14 children. All born in Tennessee. Most born in Grundy County,Tennessee. I need information on the Ancestors of Esther. She is the only Kilgore I have. Any information would be greatly appreciated. You can E-mail me at Mbrad11035@aol.com

KILGORE,LAYNE

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KILGORE, LAYNE, MAXFIELD, WITTER, SALYERS
I believe I am connected to your KILGORE. My Hiram, is brother to your Esther. Hiram married Nancy Layne (probably also related to your John Layne. Also looking for Choctaw connection. I will e-mail you. Sandra

Kilgore/Layne

Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2003 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Kilgore, Layne
We are probably related through two lines. Thanks for E-mailing me. I have very little information on the Kilgore line. I do have more on the Layne line though. You can E-mail me at Mbrad11035@aol.com.

Kilgore Info

Jean Wagner (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kilgore
I have alot of info on the Kilgores. My grandmother was a Kilgore, her father was John Bunyun Kilgore and her mother was Mary Elam. John's father was John K. Kilgore his mother was Mary Jane Maxfield. John K.'s father was Hiram Kilgore adn Mother was Nancy Layne. Hiram's father was Stephen Clayton Kilgore and his mother was Rebecca Salyer. Stephen Clayton's father was Robert Kilgore from Ireland, his father was also from Ireland/Scotland. I have dates also, but would like more info on Mary Jane Maxfield. I think she was either part cherokee or choctaw. I have a roll # for someone and i think it might be her. I have not check into that as of now.

Kilgore Pay dirt!

Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Kilgore, Copeland, Scott
Hi, and good for you and finding you Kilgore. Turns out we are decended from the same Kilgore lines of Kilgore's.
What do you need to know? I have a lot of Scott's , Copeland as loose ends of marriages in this line. My email is mybobo@pacbell.net if you would like to compare notes!
RoseMary

Kilgore

Jean Wagner (View posts)
I have been searching for my great-grandfathers roots and have hit pay dirt. His name was John Bunyun Kilgore in Okla, his father was John K. Kilgore from Tenn, his father was Hiram Kilgore from Virginia, his father was Stephen Clayton Kilgore from Ireland. I have more, hope to hear from someone with more info.

kilgore, scott in NY, Illinois, PA

Katie Roslinski (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: kilgore, scott, allen, hane, leland, rose, brazelton, hamilton, wolvin, pierce, haughten, salisbury, brown
Hi RoseMary, We are looking for parents and siblings of Alexander Kilgore, born in Ireland c. 1820. Father's name could have been same as name is listed in Buffalo City Directory 1832, residing on Main Street, worked as clerk. We tentatively have his mother as Martha Maclearen (Maclara or something close to that). Alexander married in Buffalo, Erie Co., NY in 1840 to Sarah Scott, born 1820 in Whitestown, Oneida Co., NY to (we think) Robert Scott and Martha Lindsey. Our ggfather was Joseph Kilgore born in NYS 12/1841. Alexander and Sarah moved to Ridott, Ill in 1856 and Pecatonica, Ill in 1882. Sarah died October 1890 (her husband and four children preceded her in death). We would be very interested in comparing Kilgore-Scott notes. My e-mail is: grandma_811@hotmail.com; my brother Dave's is: bro_76@hotmail.com; and our cousin DeeAnn's is: sheep_lady54@Hotmail.com. We'd love to hear from you. Katie

Re: Kilgore Pay dirt!

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 5:07AM GMT
Hi Rosemary, I have been away and have just found your e-mail. I hit paydirt but still don't have the info that I wanted. Jack Kilgore lives in St. Paul, Arkansas is the great grandson of John K. Kilgore, he says he has alot of info, but I can't pin him down to give me anything. Do you have any info?

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 10:30PM GMT
Hi,
Yes, I have I believe helpful information for you. Could you be a little more specific as to what you are looking for? We do have the same line. Kilgore/Salyer or Kilgore/Clayton, most likely, as I recall, the descendant your are referring to came from the above lines, which would make us from the same. I just need to know what exactly you are looking for and where? TN? VA? NC? SC? Or? I have a lot on the Kilgore side, so, send to me what you are wanting. I will do my best to send info to you. I could send GED files if you have pc cabability to accept such material. Please let me know what you need! RoseMary

Posted: 12 Apr 2004 3:10AM GMT
Hello! We are searching for information regarding the marriage of a Kilgore/Scott. Our line is the James Kilgore, Jr. of Darlington, S.C. who was married to an Elizabeth, last name unknown. Also, a Samuel Kilgore, son of James, who was married to an Elizabeth, last name unknown. Do you have information on either of these? One is claimed to be a Scott. Please send email to dlp5559@charter.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions