Search for content in message boards

Porters in Wilkes County, NC

Porters in Wilkes County, NC

Posted: 30 May 2000 9:31AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 8:04PM GMT
Have traced my family tree back to my ggggg-grandparents Joseph Porter, Sr. and Sarah Reynolds in Wilkes Co., NC. I have not been able to establish a provable birth date for Joseph, but his will was probated in 1820. (Sarah was the daughter of John Reynolds and Sarah Jenkins and was born in VA. The Reynolds settled on the Yadkin River and Mulberry Creek and have been traced back to Christopher Reynolds born in 1530 in Kent County, England.) Although only three children were mentioned in Joseph Porter, Sr's will, I have been informed that Joseph Porter, Sr. and Sarah Reynolds had 11 children with the following approximate birth dates: Francis, 1782; Joseph Jr, 1784; Lois, 1786; James, 1788; Sarah, 1790; William, 1792; Maugretter (Molly) 1794; Elizabeth, 1796; Mary, 1798; Jane, 1800; Nancy, 1882. I am looking for other researchers of this Wilkes County Porter Line.

Porter Family from Wilkes Co. NC

Florence Ayers (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 6:58AM GMT
I am also from this line going through Francis Porter the son of Joseph. Contact me by E-mail to exchange info.

Joseph Porter

Posted: 28 Jul 2000 5:47PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2002 4:18AM GMT
Florence- Iam also from Francis Porter line have you been able to find anything on Joseph Porter father?

Joseph Porter

Jessie (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2000 6:36AM GMT
I am sorry to say that I have not found anything about Joseph Porter.

Joseph Porter, Sr./Sarah Reynolds - Wilkes County, NC

Posted: 21 Sep 2000 10:31AM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2001 8:04PM GMT
To those who stem from this line, I have been on vacation doing some research in Wilkes County -- still haven't been able to go back any further on Joseph Porter, Sr. Did find a copy of his will (1820) and other information on Porters in Wilkes County. Want to exchange information with fellow researchers on this line. You can contact me direct at ilohiller@aol.com. My line stems from their son Joseph Porter, Jr., to James, to Willborn C, to William Francis, to Troy Vernon, to William Hurshel Porter (my father).

Yadkin Porters

Joseph m. v. Porter (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 9:51PM GMT
My father, Garland B. Porter was from Yadkin, N.C. b1897 d1991. His father was William Porter(Preacher Porter).

Re: Porters in Wilkes County, NC

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Porter, Stone, Pruitt
Nancy Jane Porter married John Stone

Child: Mary Jane Stone B: 20 Sep 1894 Wilkes, NC
D: 1 Oct 1956 Traphill, Wilkes, North Carolina

I am looking for more information on Nancy Jane Porter's ancestral line.

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 8:44PM GMT
This is definitely in my line and I can give you and outline of ancestors if you will send me your e-mail address. Too much information to post to this board.

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 8:45PM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Stone, Pruitt

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 3:41PM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Johnston, Hodge
Hi. I am direct from Joseph Porter, 1737 NC - Francis and Malinda Johnston Porter, Melvin and Carmelis Johnston, Joseph Larkin and Isabel Jane Hodge. I am interested in the birth documentation of Joseph 1737, etc. Would appreciate sharing.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions