Search for content in message boards

Eddie "Irish" Carroll boxer

Eddie "Irish" Carroll boxer

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 1:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for any information regarding Edward Andrew Carroll a Canadian boxer from Ottawa, Ontario who fought in Madison Square Garden in 1930s. Born 1915-04-05, died Sept. 8, 1965. He was a very well known boxer at the time.

Re: Eddie "Irish" Carroll boxer

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
Don't know exactly the info you are looking for came across this info: http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=42979&cat=boxe...

hopes it helps. Found some other info doing a basic search in the records also on ancestry.com

Posted: 21 Feb 2010 7:34PM GMT
Thank you!

Posted: 6 Aug 2011 3:14PM GMT
Eddie Carroll was my father. He was inducted into the Canadian boxing hall of fame. His father was Ned Carroll, born in Ireland, and his mother was Mary Doran, also born in Ireland.

Posted: 6 Aug 2011 6:37PM GMT
Yes, you will then be interested in seeing the pictures on my tree!

Thank you for your post!

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 2:17PM GMT
Yes , if you have pictures of this Canadian Hall of fame boxer Irish Eddie Carroll A K A Danny Doran.

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 10:26PM GMT
I have 18 pictures posted which I obtained through the Ottawa library. They have a scrap book kept by a Mr. Maiginoit (I know I have the spelling wrong, perhaps you know of him?) Look on my tree "Clark" for Edward Andrew Carroll, born May 4, 1915.

Very nice to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Jo Anne

Posted: 24 Sep 2011 8:21PM GMT
Just happen to be looking for information on Eddie Carroll
Alias Danny Doran.

My grandmother Elizabeth was married to Eddie Carroll

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 10:04AM GMT
Hi Leslie,

I am so pleased to hear from you! Eddie Carroll was my mother's first cousin. I have been researching the Carroll family for about 12 years now. I hope you are able to view my pictures on my family tree as I have many of Eddie from his old newspaper clippings. There is a scrap book at the Ottawa library with many articles about his career.
I would love to hear any stories that you may have heard or any picures that you may have of your grandmother & Eddie. I have spoken to Danny through e-mail but I do not know anything about his siblings. Do you have any information about his sisters?

Sincerely,

Jo Anne Woodworth

Posted: 25 Sep 2011 11:00AM GMT
Hi Jo Anne,

I was too young and I don't have much information on Eddie. The best one to talk to would be Danny he was a little older then I was. If you still have his email I would ask him again.
My email is leslie43_99@yahoo.ca If you have questions.

Regards
Leslie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions