Search for content in message boards

grandfather

grandfather

Custis Lee Carter (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 5:11AM GMT
He was descended from Robert E. Lee. Married Sarah Evaline Wood. lived in Luray,Va.until death. Had 10 children,John,Charles James ,Lucien,Pittman,Martha,Lucille,Ann,Sara,and one deceased as youth.

Carter/Arthur?

Faith Blount (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 2:19PM GMT
I was wondering if you can help me. My ggrandfather's name was Lee Anderson Arthur he was married to a Priscilla (Pricie)CARTER Arthur Her mother's maiden name was suppose to be WOODS. I have also been told that Priscilla's maiden name was STILTNER. Would you have any confirmation of these names?
Thanks,
Faith
blount@digital.net

Carter/Arthur?

Faith Blount (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2000 2:20PM GMT
I was wondering if you can help me. My ggrandfather's name was Lee Anderson Arthur he was married to a Priscilla (Pricie)CARTER Arthur Her mother's maiden name was suppose to be WOODS. I have also been told that Priscilla's maiden name was STILTNER. Would you have any confirmation of these names?
Thanks,
Faith
blount@digital.net

Robert Edward Lee

peggie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 9:02PM GMT
Robert Edward Lee, was the fourth son of
Henry Lee Ann Carter Lee. He was named
after his mother two brothers. Robert,
married Mary Anne Randolph Custis. She
was the daughter of George Washington
Parke Custis, whom was the grandson of
Martha Custis Washington, and was the adopted
son of Washington.This was taken from a
book called R.E.Lee by Douglas Southall Freeman.

Carter

peggie (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 9:11PM GMT
I would be glad to have any information you
have on the Carter's in Alabama. My children
are Carter's.Thier father was Daniel Thomas
his father was Auther Thomas his father's
name was Augustus Carter wife Ella Franklin.

Re: grandfather

Posted: 23 Oct 2001 2:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Oct 2002 1:44AM GMT
Help! I've hit a real stumbling block. My gg-grandmother was Sarah (Sara?) Lee. I am told that she was the gg-grandaughter of Gen. Henry Lee and Ann Hill Carter and that her father's name was also Henry Lee, but I have been unable to verify. Sarah was the first of three wives of Thomas Jordan of Petersburg, VA and was disowned by her family as a result of this union. I believe that she may have died shortly after the birth of my g-grandmother, Bessie Louise Jordan (b. 1898). Russell Lemuel Jordan, "Bud" Thomas Jordan, (Robert) Edward Jordan, Cary Jordan, and Ruth Jordan Williamson were siblings of Bessie Jordan. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Robert Edward Lee

Posted: 16 Mar 2005 11:42PM GMT
Lizzy Lee was my gggrandmother. I would love to have all the info. you have on the lee side of my family

Re: Robert Edward Lee

Susan Carter Wenner (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2005 7:53PM GMT
I'm trying to find dates, births, marriages. etc. on the Carter side of my family. Can any help? My grandfather was David Carter who was married to Anna Mae Yeary. Anna parents were Jasper Columbus Yeary and Nancy Jane Ellison. David's parent's were Clara Myrtle Shuck and Graham Carter. Clara's mother was Eliza Shuck and Grahams dad was Lewis Thomas Carter (called L.T.). L.T.'s dad was Liman Carter. Eliza's parents were John Shuck and Nancy Jane Shuck. I've been told there is some family lineage to Robert E, Lee. His mother was Ann Carter.
Thanks & God Bless! Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions