Search for content in message boards

Robert Patrick of MO

Robert Patrick of MO

Luralee Williams (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 9:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Nov 2003 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Patrick, Roan, McGinnis, Owen, Alber, Wilkison
Robert Patrick b.1795 Dorcus Owen b. 1803 left Kentucky for MO, their Wilson Henry Patrick b.1826 married Sarah Roan b.1829, their daughter Sarah Katherine b. 1849 married John Wilson McGinnis b. 1845. Their son married Augusta Alber, my mother Dorothy Mae McGinnis Wilkison was born in 1910
Do you know the family? I'd love to hear from you.
LWILL93453@AOL.COM

Re: Robert Patrick of MO

Posted: 27 Jan 2001 6:37PM GMT
Edited: 22 May 2004 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: Patrick, Rantz, Hill
I am looking for info on my family from MO also. My grandfathers name Cecil Ray Patrick b 3/20/1894 in stone county, MO. Mothers maiden name Rantz. Married to Jewel H. Hill born MO 3/26/1897. this is all the information I have can anyone help.

gloria (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2003 5:43AM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2003 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: Patrick, Thomas
Hello Luralee,

My ggg grandfather is Robert Patrick b. abt 1795, in Prince Georges, MD., He moved from possibly either Woodford or Scott Co., KY to Miami Bottom, Saline Co., MO in 1817. It is in the court probate records in Howard Co., MO that at the time of his death in 1826 that he still had contacts in those counties, however I don't know who the contact is, but believe it would have to be a family member. Would love to find out the names of Roberts parents and siblings, I have reason to believe that the Samuel Patrick b. 1804 in Ohio who married Lucy Thomas b. 1 jan 1807 also a daughter of Anthony Thomas and Lucy Cecil, is Robert Patrick's brother.
Anyway the info that I have is that Robert married Anne Thomas b.7 april 1796 d/o Anthony Thomas and Lucy Cecil. Children of Robert Patrick and Anne Thomas as recorded in the Howard Co., Mo Howard County MO.

Howard County Probate Book 2, page 9
February Term 1828

Robert Patrick, deceased
two children of the deceased
Samuel Patrick
John D. Patrick - my gg grandfather

Who is the Wilson Henry Patrick b. 1826 that you are refering too?

Willing to share.... gloria

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 4:36AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2005 4:12PM GMT
Surnames: Patrick, Owen
Luralee - I'll try emailing you but just in case your email has changed I'm posting this. I know the Robert Pattrick that you are speaking of. He was born Nov 13, 1794 in North Carolina and died Mar 1, 1866 in Randolph Co., MO. He married Dorcas Jane Owen (b. May 8, 1802) on November 23, 1820 in Fayette Co., KY. I have 9 children for them - William , Wilson H., Thomas M., Hezekiah E., Joseph, Eliza Jane, Waller Scott, Greenberry and Sarah Alice.

The family moved from Jessamine Co., Kentucky to Randolph Co., MO in 1830. Land purchase records show this as do family stories. They show up in census records for Randolph Co. starting in the 1840 census. I am descended from Hezekiah E. Pattrick. I have been collecting as much information as possible on the descendants of Robert and Dorcas. I have found your Wilson in the 1850 and 1860 census records for Randolph Co., MO. I have long wondered what the middle intial "H" stood for. I would love to exchange notes and info.

Carole
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions