Search for content in message boards

Frances McKelroy Shaw from Wake County, North Carolina

Frances McKelroy Shaw from Wake County, North Carolina

Posted: 20 Apr 2013 5:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McKelroy and Shaw
Is there anyone out there doing Research on the Shaw/McKelroy family from Wake County, North Carolina? Frances McKelroy(1745) that married John Baptist Shaw has been on numerous trees as having died after 1815/1816. I believe that she is on the 1850 Census in the Western District, Wake, North Carolina. She is listed as being 105 (age fits with birth of 1745) and she is listed as being blind and idiotic. Living with her is an Elizabeth Sorrel age 21. I am leading to the fact that this Frances is the same Frances who married John Baptist Shaw. I was wondering if anyone lives in or around Wake County, North Carolina and knows what records might be available to prove or disprove this theory. I know that the cemetery where John is buried is supposedly under water. I would appreciate any help. Thank You

Re: Frances McKelroy Shaw from Wake County, North Carolina

Posted: 3 May 2013 4:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shaw, Mackleroy
Hello...

I too am researching Francis (Mackleroy) Shaw who was married to John Baptist Shaw. I am based out of San Diego and the "Shaw's" were my 5th great grand parents on my father's side. By the way it appears that the proper spelling of her maiden name is Mackleroy as I have a copy of Achibald Mackleroy's will dated 1760. And his name on the will is spelled Mackleroy.

I just obtained a copy of John Baptist Shaw's will here in Raleigh, North Carolina at the State Archives and will be scanning it and posting it to my family tree upon my return to San Diego.

I am very interesting in your theory that Frances died after the 1850 US Census. I have questioned the date of her death as reported by so many here in ancestry around 1816. I would love to talk to you and compare notes if that is at all possible.

Joe Baker
wasserschloss@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic