Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 Before Update to 21.0.0.452 - Failed synch with Ancestry -

FTM 2012 Before Update to 21.0.0.452 - Failed synch with Ancestry -

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 10:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Dec 2011 11:11PM GMT
Ancestry are talking about an update to FTM 2012 "in a couple of weeks".

So end of November - early December - we will see how far that UPDATE goes in resolving issues being discussed here.

Lindsay

Re: 2012-Failed synch with Ancestry

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 7:32PM GMT
I was just told they were "working on it". If they didn't get it right before release, how do they know how long it will take? I just hope a "couple of weeks" is a valid approximation.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 9:22PM GMT
I didnt see the Ancestry Webinar of 9 Nov re FTM 2012, and cant access it online, but I understand that there was an acknowledgement of the FTM issues by Duff Wilson.

Any Update to FTM 2012, would again have to go through a test program.

Lindsay

Posted: 16 Nov 2011 3:51PM GMT
I have the same problem (no sync). I test it daily, hoping to see it work. In the meantime, I've reverted to what I was doing-- doing all my updating online. I also tried making a small change to my FTM tree (which did successfully download from ancestry.com), to see if it would sync that way. after a long time analyzing the changes to my FTM, the sync failed in the same way as before.

Posted: 21 Nov 2011 10:16PM GMT
I have "unlinked" my last attempt in FTM 2012 at downloading my AMT.

And continue to work solely on my AMT (Ancestry Member Tree : online).

When I notice that FTM 2012 has received an UPDATE, and the version number has moved on, I will give it another try.

The current (flawed) version of my FTM 2012 is 21.0.0.388.

Until then, no point persisting with FTM 2012 and its TreeSync feature, as Ancestry has acknowledged that it has a bug, and for larger trees with many media images like mine, the update is needed to overcome the problems.
Hopefully !!!

Lindsay

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 12:30AM GMT
I wonder how extensive the Beta testing was? Maybe it was done by Microsoft???

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 1:20AM GMT
Z. It is my understanding that many of the "helpers" here at this message board were testers. Cheryl

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 1:33AM GMT
I tested my 36,000+ person, 536,000+ record, 22,000+ image file with sync and all worked fine.

Regards,

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 1:42AM GMT
Initially, Ancestry were unable to replicate the problem I was having with missing media / TreeSync - FTM 2012.
First at Tech Support level, and later at back office (developer FTM) level.

Until I pointed out that they were probably testing "in-house" and not via a typical member experience of having to go via internet.
In-house would have been connected to their Data Center via direct link - and not internet. It all happens in Provo, Utah.

As a retired Systems Analyst, I know how different those two environments can be in developing test scripts. Chalk and cheese !!

My AMT then was downloaded from an Ancestry tech person's own home - and not "the office".
That is when the issue was able to be replicated / observed by them.
The internet link was being timed-out by FTM while downloading media images. At exactly 3 hours.

Having been told that they had isolated the issue in my case, and the fix (among others) would be a part of the upcoming 'update' to FTM 2012 - nothing to be achieved by some of us with issues, until that update to FTM 2012 is delivered.

Lindsay

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 1:50AM GMT
jamclo

I quote from one of your posts "My experience was from syncing from FTM to Ancestry.com, not the other way."

From FTM to Ancestry is not what I have discussed here.

The TreeSync issue I have is with AMT to FTM, and the issue that Ancestry worked with me on.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions