Search for content in message boards

Starke Historical Society??

Starke Historical Society??

Posted: 24 Jun 2004 10:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richard
Does the Starke Historical Society exist anymore? I'm looking for a document entitled "Genealogy of don Louis Joseph Francois Richard" that is supposed to be in the Society's files, but I can't locate the Society! I'll be in Starke doing research around July 8, 2004.
Help! Thanks in advance.

Re: Starke Historical Society??

Loretta Draper (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2004 3:17AM GMT
I don't believe that the Starke Historical Society exists any longer. I do know they have a Rosenburg building downtown that has a lot of information but that is all I know.

Hope this helps.

linda (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2004 6:03AM GMT
try bradford cty library they have been a lot of help in my genealogy work. Also Bradfors Telegraph is fantastic when it comes to assistance. I recently did an obit look up for someone and the paper was willing to search page by page through old copies looking for the info.

Trish (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2004 10:42PM GMT
How to contact the paper?? I live out of state and would love to get a copy of obit on my Britton George(bDec 6,1804) who died Oct 6, 1882 in Stark, Bradford Co, FL. He was my great great grandfather. If you could put me in contact with the paper, I would appreciate if SO much. Thanks-Trish My email: summermisterdogs@hotmail.com

Betty Nettles (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2004 12:19AM GMT
Do you do lookup for other people in the Bradford County Telegraph? I am looking for an article on a cemetery that was found on Paul Emory's farm back in the early 1960's as we can best determine. It has since been plow under and I would like a copy of the article, if you can assist me in obtaining it.

Thanks,

Telegraph look up

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2004 4:28AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
The back copies are only indexed by date so if you know about when it will be easier to find.I can get to the library next week if we don't get hit too hard by the hurricaine this weekend. If we get hit it may be a little longer but I'll see what I can find.

Re: telegraph look up

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2004 11:33PM GMT
Can you give me a closer time reference. The paper is on a microfishe and will take some time to go through. I will try but right now we are still cleaning up from our recent storms and it may take a while to get over there (to the library)

Betty Nettles (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2004 10:06AM GMT
I wish that I could, but I am unable to give you any better time frame. Thanks and take your time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic