Search for content in message boards

Minutes for Thompson's Settlement Baptist Church

Minutes for Thompson's Settlement Baptist Church

Dan M. Marion (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MARION
How do I obtain a copy of the Minutes for Thompson's Settlement Baptist Church? I understand that it has a lot of information pertaining to my family Surname.

CHURCH PEOPLE

Posted: 21 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Aug 2003 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: BAKER, HOBBS, FRY, CRABTREE, SMYTH
Why don't you just call the pastor? Last Oct. my son and I called the Jonesville Chamber and they got us a phone number. We called and he was very helpful. We even attended sevices there one Sunday. We come through one of thier early preachers, Rev. Andrew BAKER. They were ALL VERY NICE FOLKS. Larry from INDIANA

Andrew Baker

Posted: 9 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Shillideay, Thompson
Hi Larry:

I have been researching a Douglas Baker, wife possibly Jane Thomson, daughter of Rev. John Thomson. They had two children, Esther who married George Shillideay, Sr. and Andrew Baker.

George Shillideay is listed (DAR Index) as being born c1750.

I found an Andrew Baker, listing in the California DAR Ancestry Guide, in which it gives his birth as 1749 Montgomery Co. VA and died 24 Sept 1815, wife Elizabeth Avant. One of the 9 children who are list with birth dates was Andrew, Jr. born 18 Feb 1777.

In the references to this family it gives: Minute Book, Thompson's Settlement Baptist Church, Lee Co. VA.

George & Esther (Baker) Shilladeay, had a daughter Jane. Jane mar. 19 Nov 1792 Motogomery Co. VA John Thompson. It is possible that they are the very great grand parents I am looking for.

Andrew Baker of Prince Edward Co. VA, left a bequest in his 1804 will to the "children of my nice Jane Thompson (daughter of my sister Shillidia)"

I have no idea of what was left to Jane's children or what was said in the will. This information was sent to me, I have not as yet ordered out the Will.

From the date of the 1804 Will and the date of the DAR man death as 1815, it would seem there are two Andrew Bakers. Both born about the same time period.

My John Thompson was in Pulaski Co. KY on 16 July 1801, when he gave his consent for his daughter Rebecca to my Anderson Smith, Jr. It is estimated that John was born 1760's

If this Jane is the mother of my Rebecca Thompson, I am in hopes that someone known something about her marriage to John Thompson, and possibly that her uncle Andrew Baker names her children in the 1804 Will.

If this info fits in with any of yours, please let me know

Thank you.
Gloria
Laguna Beach, CA,

Re: Andrew Baker

Posted: 1 Jan 2013 12:40AM GMT
Do you have any up dated data on your family. Oddly enough, I lived in PULASKI Co., KY for about ten years. If you know where any of your people might be buried in Pulaski co., KY maybe I can find some stones or get a photo the next time I'm down to see my sister-in-law. REV andrew Baker's brother, John "Renta" Baker has some descendants living in Pulaski county. He was a friend of my brothers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic