Search for content in message boards

Levi LANCASTER

Levi LANCASTER

Charles W. Darden (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2001 4:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Oct 2009 1:07PM GMT
Surnames: LANCASTER, OVERMAN
Levi Lancaster b.abt.1811 m.Abigail and/or Elizabeth "Betsy" Overman(sisters). They lived in Wayne County, NC., probably in Goldsboro-Newton Grove area. A son, Paris B. Lancaster, is my great-grandfather. I have been unable to identify Levi's parents (there are several Levi Lancasters). Any clues will be greatly appreciated. Will gladly share Lancaster info.

Re: Levi LANCASTER

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 10:46PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2002 3:31PM GMT
Hi,do you have aWilliam M.Lancaster-son of Levi in your line?. My grandfather was William F.can't find the old guy.Thanks Dortha Lancaster

Charles W. Darden (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 5:27AM GMT
There is no William M. or William F. Lancaster in my file. William Sanders Lancaster (b 6-20-1789) was a son of Levi Lancaster (b 10-1-1757). I have no other William born to a Levi.

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 6:04AM GMT
Dot,

I have a William M. Lancaster born between 1810- 1813 ( plus or minus a year or 2)- he was the son of Levi Lancaster b: abt 1769 and Amey Golightly. This William M. married a Selenda ( maiden name unknown to me). I don't have anything further on this William, but I do have back several generations.

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 11:25AM GMT
Hey! we must be on the same trail.I have A lot of history Iam trying to confirm William F. is the son of William M.What part do you need? Dot E-mail me :dotte22@hotmail.com

Posted: 31 Oct 2001 1:43PM GMT
Nancy,could it be William M.and Salina Lancaster?grandparents to William F.and Hattie Lancaster. Thanks Dot Lancaster McGraw

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 2:12AM GMT
Surnames: LANCASTER
HI, MY NAME IS ANGEL AND I AM A DIRECT DESCENDANT OF LEVI AND ELIZABETH OVERMAN. THEIR SON PARIS WAS MY GREAT GRANDFATHERS PARENTS. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO LOCATE ANY INFORMATION ON LEVI'S PARENTS BUT HOPE THAT SOMEONE MIGHT THROUGH THESE MESSAGES. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

Tammy Jones (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2002 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Lancaster
I'm posting what I have from my files hoping it will be helpful to someone. I beleive my Lancaster's came into Guilford Co from Warren Co NC -

1850 Census - LANCASTER LEVI F. Guilford Co. North Carolina pg 399 Northern Division

The 1830 census of Guilford Co North Carolina shows a John, Benjamin and Lawrence Lancaster living next or near each other. They all are listed as being 30 to 40 years of age with wives (assuming) at 30 to 40 years of age. John has 3 boys and 3 girls, Benjamin has 3 boys and two girls and Lawrence is shown with 2 boys and 2 girls.

I also found these marriage bonds - Benjamin Lancaster and Rebecca Perkins 12 Jul 1817, Guilford Co, NC
Lawrence Lancaster and Rebecca Price, 03 Aug 1815 Warren Co., NC Their are two marriages listed for a John Lancaster in Warren County, NC One to a Amy Bobbitt 17 Feb 1813 and one to a Polly Bennett 23 Dec 1813

pg 170 partial page showing Lancaster neighbors 1830 Guilford Co., NC Census
Heads of Household in order:
Drury Wood or Woof
John Lancaster
Benj Lancaster
Dudley Jaks/Johs
Laurence Lancaster
John Mendenhall
Aaron Mendenhall
Joseph Perkins
Nathan Rail
Benj Church

It appears that since both Laurence and John married in Warren County they may have came to Guilford sometime after 1820. Perhaps Benjamin was younger??? Below is the Lancaster's I found on the 1820 census for Warren County, NC, all in Warrenton township. The household members were difficult to read, so I can't guarantee they're correct.

Page 794
Micjah Lancaster

Page 796
Peter Jones
Levi Lancaster shown w/ one male 20-30
John Lancaster pg 796 one male 10-15, one male 15-20, one male 30-40
John Brewer
James Vincent
pg 796 continued
Laurence Lancaster - two males under five, one thirty to forty and one forty
to fifty. One female under 5 (page is torn)
(a Harris Bobbitt is shown close (two households away) to Laurence Lancaster. John Lancaster married an Amy Bobbitt in 1817)

Page 800
William Lancaster
Page 802
Joel Lancaster
Page 806
Wiley or Arly Lancaster

Also - The Laurence that married Rebecca Price in 1815 in Warren Co is referred to several times as "Laurence R. Lancaster." He is listed with that middle initial on
the marriage bond.

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 3:26AM GMT
Go to a library with a good genealogy department and look for the Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy---The Jinnetts and Lancasters were Quakers.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic