Search for content in message boards

John Moore & indian wife - 1831

Moore - discussion

Posted: 11 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 May 2005 11:18PM GMT
Hi,
thanks anyways....
but again I will tell you that my MOORE name is not METIS!!
the Metis are the people of the Fur-Trade (Historically anyway) now anyone claims to be Metis if they have a degree of Indian blood or descent!) thus my LaFramboise line from Candada and North Dakota is Metis. My Moore line is African American and Indian from Georgia, a long way from Canada, and no not Metis. They are mixed. And yes Metis means mixed, but not in the same historical context.

John Moore & indian wife - 1831

Posted: 11 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Rider

thomas v moore born.1867 in tenn and brother william jordan moore born 1868,sister sophia born in 1761 tenn also
origin is joseph g moore and mary rider.
origin john moore and indian wife{?}1831,armstrong rolls
like dawes roll.hope this helps

Moore family - Choctaw

Posted: 13 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: Moore

i was the one that made the discovery abt the choctaw
moore family.the choctaw were origionally in northern
mexico[surprise]did battle with the famous desoto
expedition.cir 1540.then they moved.there is french
connection since bands exist in phildelphia missippi and
in louisianna.look at natchez city missippi.i have records
of my choctaw family.but there are still missing links.i
have also found slave ownership in mo.do i need to preach
about following each and every tip.especially if there are
missing links.i have a line[line] that follows the mo
river into ok.they are from eng.but came here via canada
and settled in kansas.one member married a choctaw.

Moore Family

Posted: 13 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 11:19PM GMT
Surnames: Moore
Juanita is correct. This Moore family Thomas, William, and Sophia(my G-G-G-Grandmother) is of Choctaw descent. They are all listed in the final Dawes rolls. I would appreciate any further information anyone has on this family.
Thank You, Terry
Posted: 14 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: Moore, DesCarreaux, Delorme

a large number of my family came via canada.the word is panis,and hankerchief as in spanish is not it.it means slave.the french were not without slaves in canada,wisc is where the chipewa line of my family comes.as the moore connection.this is presbyterian.the indian name is wabojeeg/white feather,chief who signed treaties.the french canadian family is francois des carreaux dit derome
and that is danenport,belanger,st arnault,the son was adopted by henry blatchford a missionary from chicago.this family [chicago is documented.] the blatchford memorial #2
please subscribe to NISHNAWBE-L@rootsweb.com and post a quirie.you and juanita both have family posted there.this is the upper wisc area and canada metis site.i have some records of my family in that area. good hunting
i have been looking for records of my mom born in south africa.and this morning got here baptismal record.french canadadians are baptised not born on records.

Moore - need any help I can get

Posted: 14 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 11:22PM GMT
I appreciate what you have accomplished. I know it takes a tremendous amount of time to come up with one solid documented piece of evidence. I have had difficulty finding this end of my family. It is especially tough since I live in Wisconsin. Most of my father's family records perished in a fire in Amherst, TX, years ago. That is why I spend hours going through these message boards, looking for any shred of help I can find. I have very little on the Moore's, and would be very appreciative of any help.
Thank you,
TERRY

Question - William J. Moore

Posted: 2 Aug 2001 2:37AM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2005 11:26PM GMT
Please give me more information on "where you got this information" on William J. Moore and brother Thomas V. Moore.
William is my great grandfather, and I don't know his parents name!

Thanks,
Alissa Hill
Muskogee, OK
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions