Search for content in message boards

THORPE, of GRANGE HILL, THURLES, Tipperary

THORPE, of GRANGE HILL, THURLES, Tipperary

Posted: 19 Jun 2009 8:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: THORPE, VILLIERS, HALPIN
THOMAS THORPE married, in 1861, ISABELLA JULIA VILLIERS.

He was of GRANGE HILL, Thurles. They had 7 children:

Isabella Julia Thorpe 1864

Hariot Louisa Thorpe 1866

Anne Caroline Thorpe 1867

William Oswald Thorpe 1869

Louisa Thorpe 1872

Robert Thorpe 1875

Anyone know anything of this family or of Grange Hill, Thurles please?
Bill

Re: THORPE, of GRANGE HILL, THURLES, Tipperary

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 2:44PM GMT
Hi Bill,

How are you? Just saw your post!

I know Isabella Julia Thorpe went on to marry a Charles John Heather, you can find them on the 1901 and 1911 Irish census they are on Arran quay Dublin and own Heather footwear, My partner is Isabella’s Great grandson.

Are you related to the Thorpes yourself?

Do you have any photo's?

Thanks,

Lilya

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 10:18PM GMT
Hi Lilya.

I see that my post is now 3½ years old but your response confirms why I put it up there - that one day it may strike a chord with someone.

Isabella Julia was the eldest sister of my mother's grandfather. You no doubt know that the name Isabella (or names Isabella Julia) were repeated. My mother's mother was Julia and her eldest sister was Mary Isabella. I can explain those names.

A cousin was in Dublin recently and established contact with David Heather. I can send a photo.

I know a considerable amount about this part of your partner's ancestry but I won't go into it now in case of relating what already may be known. Does he know, however, that Isabella Julia's father's name was Halpin? Her mother was Villiers. On the other hand, I know practically nothing about the Thorpe side.

Lilya, would you prefer to contact me directly via wbwebster at internode dot on dot net.

Bill
(near Sydney)

Posted: 14 Dec 2012 9:44AM GMT
Hi Bill,

How are you? I hope all is well!! I replied to your personal email address, but I wasnt 100% on the actual address. If you have any issues with receiving my mail, please do not hesitate.

Thank you Bill, look forward to hearing from you.

Lilya
per page

Find a board about a specific topic