Search for content in message boards

Coady, Cody, Fitzpatrick, Hurley, Dwyer, Mooney, Ryan- from Tipperary, Cashel and Thurles areas

Coady, Cody, Fitzpatrick, Hurley, Dwyer, Mooney, Ryan- from Tipperary, Cashel and Thurles areas

Posted: 21 Jun 2009 10:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thes are the names from within my family.

My great grandmother is Bridget Fitzpatrick b 1863 m1882 to James coady (cody)at St patricks catholic church thurles tipp. Her father was called James Fitzpatrick his wife was called anne (no maiden name known) and James's father was Thomas Coady (wife's name unknown as yet.)

Bridget and James Coady went on to have ten children- Thomas,
Annie m Mooney (Farrell),
Elizabeth m Hurley,
My Grandmother b 1886) married to a Denis Hurley b1885) both from thurles.His father also named Denis Hurley wife Ellen Ryan had nine children all boys.
Bridget 1,
John,
Mary Ellen 1,
Bridget 2 m Dwyer,
Mary 2,
Christopher (joseph)
Ellen.
No boys survived as far as I know, Joseph died on 21st march 1918 WW1.
Bridget Coady (nee Fitzpatrick) died in Thurles 1928 in the county home, I don't know where Bridget coady nee Fitzpatrick is buried trying to trace that one. trying to trace
James died in same County home as wife Bridget in 1941 buried St patrick graveyard with daughter bridget 2 Dwyer and her husband Patrick (pawdi).

Please can anyone make any connections with any of these families or guide me to information.
Thank you all
Janice

Re: Coady, Cody, Fitzpatrick, Hurley, Dwyer, Mooney, Ryan- from Tipperary, Cashel and Thurles areas

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 10:36AM GMT
Dear Janice,

have you the civil marriage of Bridget FitzPatrick and James Cody. this would give you the townland where they lived before they were married. from there, it would be easier to proceed.

Cecile Mulcahy

Re: Coady, Cody, Fitzpatrick, Hurley, Dwyer, Mooney, Ryan- from Tipperary, Cashel and Thurles areas

Posted: 5 Jul 2009 6:35PM GMT
Thank you cecile, yes townlands have been helpful at times especially trying to search cencus details but inthis case I have only the main town Thurles mentioned on the copy of their marriage certificate of 1882 no addresses of anyone are mentioned. They were married in a the Roman catholic church of the town St Patricks - is that the reason why addresses are not given? information held back, I know only a little about some individuals in my family. Irish research is so frustrating and costly unless you are their to search the books and papers yourself.If you have any other methods of gettiong past blocks I would be so appreciative , Thank you again

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 7:09AM GMT
Thank you Janice for your very helpful information.

1911 England Census shows Denis Hurley, 26, yard porter, resident Ireland; Elizabeth Hurley wife 24 resident Tipperary, Thurles; Denis Hurley son 4 b Thurles; Bridget Hurley daughter 2 b Manchester Lancs; Michael Hurley son 4 months b Manchester Lancs. Address 13 Pleasant Vale Rochdale Road.

Michael Hurley lived 1910-86. He changed his name to Harley. His main career was in the British Army. He married and had two children. He lived at town Bury, near Manchester. He was my wife's paternal grandfather. I knew him on his visits to Australia where we live. I believe he was separated from his parents about 1916 and did not know much about them.

I have email justd@bigpond.com

Don Just

Posted: 7 Apr 2013 3:11PM GMT
Hi, I believe Bridget Coady is my grandmother, she married Patrick Daly and they resided in Dublin. Christopher Coady was knocked down by a horse and cart when he was only a boy and is buried in the rock of Cashel,Tipperary. Hope we have the same connection.
Kind regards

Cath

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 7:05PM GMT
My Grand uncle Tom Fitzpatrick was married to Margaret Cody from Maheragh Inch Thurles. she died early in this century about 1916. We have in our possession a medal from WWI commemorating the death of Patk Fitzpatrick ... I cannot find any evidence that Tom was his brother but I think he was.... I think there is a connection to the Fitzpatrick family in Thurles. Tom lived in a place called Ardkeen in the parish of Drom.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions