Search for content in message boards

Claud A. Elmore Obit

Claud A. Elmore Obit

Posted: 3 Jun 2003 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 10 Feb 2013 10:52PM GMT
Surnames: Elmore, DeSpain, Milby, Adkins, Hedgespeth
Claud A. Elmore, 82, of Greensburg died in Rosary Hospital in Campbellsville last Thurs. [13 Jul 1961] after an illness of 2 weeks. He was retired farmer. He was born in Green Co. 10 Oct 1878. Surviving are 3 daughters, Mrs. Abner DeSpain, Louisville and Mrs. Harold Milby and Mrs. Raymond Adkins, both of Greensburg; 5 sons, Leonard Elmore, and William Elmore, both of Greensburg; James Elmore, Chicago; Charlie Elmore, Louisville and Rev. Carl Elmore, Edmonton; 1 sister, Mrs. Hettie Hedgepeth, Tiskilwa, Ill; 2 half-brothers, W. L. Elmore, Tiskilwa, Ill., and Hestle Elmore, Fulton, Nebraska; 23 grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren. Funeral services were held Sun. at Brush Creek Baptist Church, of which he was a member, with the Rev. D.L. Druien officiating, assisted by Rev. V.A. Jones and Rev. Cosby Dobson. Burial was in Bennett Cem. Active pallbearers were Rollin, George Elliott, Roman, and Hugh Elmore, Boyce Marcum and Dennis Chaney. Honorary pallbearers were Frank Cantrell, Finis Durrett, Bob Cantrell, Woodson Turner, Ellis Thompson and Floyd Milby.
Posted with permission of the Greensburg Record Herald

Re: Claud A. Elmore Obit

Posted: 3 Jun 2003 10:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Elmore
Does anyone know the parents of Claude A. Elmore?
Thank you.
Karen

Karen Elmore (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2003 1:58PM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2013 10:50PM GMT
Is there anyone else researching Claude Elmore's parents, William Elmore and Henrietta Town?

Claude's brother is my great-grandfather James Robert Elmore.

Karen Elmore-KY

Ernest Bell, Jr (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2005 1:59AM GMT
Edited: 10 Feb 2013 10:51PM GMT
Karen can uou tell me if Claudie Elmore was married to Mary Lis Price. Thanks Ernie Bell

Posted: 7 Feb 2005 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: Price, Elmore
Thanks to Ernie Bell for his info on Mary Elizabeth (Lis) Price.
Although the obit of one of her daughters, Lettie, identifies Mary as a PIERCE, another of her daughters obits, Lucille Adkins, correctly identifies her as a PRICE.

Cemeteries of Green Co. Ky., Vol. 1, by Froggett and Houk, p. 6
Bennett Cem.; located near Gabe in Green Co.
Claud A. Elmore 10 Oct 1878 - 13 Jul 1961
Mary E. Elmore 9 Jan 1883 - 16 Jan 1959

Kentucky Death Index, rootsweb
ELMORE MARY E; age 76; death place HARDIN; residence GREEN; death date 16 Jan 1959

1900 Green Co. Ky. Census; UPPER BRUSH PCT Series: T623 Roll: 523 Page: 261; Heritage Quest Census Images
Thomas H. Price, Jul 1858, 42, married 20 years, Ky; Eliza R., Apr 1866, 34, 5 live births, 4 living children, Ky; Susan A., Nov 1880, 19, Ky; Mary L., Jan 1883, 17, Ky; Henry M., Oct 1885, 14, Ky; Eddy L., son, Mar 1888, 12, Ky;

Posted: 23 May 2009 3:13AM GMT
my grandmother was hettie hedgespeth.she died feb. 1971. i meet claude in 1955 when iwas a little girl.we went to kentucky on vacation to visit relatives.

Posted: 15 Dec 2009 3:36AM GMT
Ernie, I looked for your email address. I must have lost it. Contact me if you want more than I have posted here. Let me know if you have additions/corrections:

Russell Perkins

CLAUDE A. ELMORE (son of WILLIAM M., GrSon of PETER, Gr GrSon of WILLIAM, Gr Gr GrSon of PETER) was born 10 Oct 1880 in Green County, Kentucky (Obit gave his birth date 10 Oct 1878. His Draft Registration 10 Oct 1880), and died 13 Jul 1961 in Taylor County Hospital. He lived in Green) County, Kentucky. He is buried in Bennett Cemetery. He married MARY ELIZABETH PRICE 09 Aug 1905 in LaRue County, Kentucky. He was 23 and she was 22 years old, daughter of THOMAS PRICE and ELIZA STEARMAN. She was born 09 Jan 1883 in Green County, Kentucky. (the cemetery list has her name as Mary E. Elmore), and died 16 Jan 1959 in Kentucky. She is Buried in Bennett Cemetery.

Notes for CLAUDE A. ELMORE:

When he registered for the draft in 1918 he gave his birthdate Oct 10, 1880. His nearest relative, Mary Lizzie Elmore

1910 Census, Green County, Clauda A Elmore 29 married 4 years to Mary E Elmore 25 mother of 2, 2 living children, Leonard Elmore 3 Lettie Elmore 2/12

1930 Green County Census Claud A Elmore 49 Mary E Elmore 48 Lettie B Elmore 20 William Elmore 17 Rosy C Elmore 16 Lucille Elmore 14 James R Elmore 13 Charles S Elmore 11 Robert C Elmore 8

OBITUARY: Claud A. Elmore, 82, of Greensburg died in Rosary Hospital in Campbellsville last Thurs. [13 Jul 1961] after an illness of 2 weeks. He was retired farmer. He was born in Green Co. 10 Oct 1878. Surviving are 3 daughters, Mrs. Abner DeSpain, Louisville and Mrs. Harold Milby and Mrs. Raymond Adkins, both of Greensburg; 5 sons, Leonard Elmore, and William Elmore, both of Greensburg; James Elmore, Chicago; Charlie Elmore, Louisville and Rev. Carl Elmore, Edmonton; 1 sister, Mrs. Hettie Hedgepeth, Tiskilwa, Ill; 2 half-brothers, W. L. Elmore, Tiskilwa, Ill., and Hestle Elmore, Fulton, Nebraska; 23 grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren. Funeral services were held Sun. at Brush Creek Baptist Church, of which he was a member, with the Rev. D.L. Druien officiating, assisted by Rev. V.A. Jones and Rev. Cosby Dobson. Burial was in Bennett Cem. Active pallbearers were Rollin, George Elliott, Roman, and Hugh Elmore, Boyce Marcum and Dennis Chaney. Honorary pallbearers were Frank Cantrell, Finis Durrett, Bob Cantrell, Woodson Turner, Ellis Thompson and Floyd Milby.

Children of CLAUDE ELMORE and MARY PRICE are:

i. LETTIE B.6 ELMORE, b. 31 Jan 1910, Green County, Kentucky; d. 16 Jan 1983, Kentucky. She is Buried in Bennett Cemetery; m. ABNER DESPAIN; d. 14 Sep 1963, Louisville, Kentucky. He is buried in Bennett Cemetery in Green County.

Notes for ABNER DESPAIN:

OBITUARY: Abner DeSpain, of 1250 S. Floyd St., Louisville, died at his summer home near Summersville, 14 Sept [1963] at 9:00 pm. Mr. and Mrs. DeSpain were spending the week-end there when he suffered a sudden heart attack. Mr. DeSpain, a carpenter had lived 18 years in Green Co. and was a member of the Oak Forrest Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Besides his wife, Mrs. Lettie E. DeSpain, a teacher in the Portland Elementary School, he is survived by 5 brothers: Ivo, Raymond, Jodie and Charlie DeSpain, all of Greensburg and F.E. DeSpain, Maysville, Ky. and 3 sisters: Mrs. Gussie Munday, Edmonton; Mrs. Gracie Town, Greensburg and Mrs. Arvin Milby of Harrodsburg. Funeral services were held at 3:00 pm Mon. 16 Sept at Oak Forrest Cumberland Presbyterian Church with Rev. T.A. Richardson and Rev. V.A. Jones officiating. Burial was in the Bennett Cem. Active pallbearers were Joe Mott Gumm, Ray Henderson, Boyce Marcum, Guy Cox, Henry L. Foster, Arthur Akin. Honorary pallbearers were Frank McKinney, Frank Foster, Joe Foster, Ezra Gumm, Bill Elmore, Garnett Milby and Harry Gardner.

ii. WILLIAM ELMORE, b. 1913, Green County, Kentucky.

2. iii. ROSETTA (ROSY) C. ELMORE, b. 1914, Green County, Kentucky.

iv. LUCILLE ELMORE, b. 1916, Green County, Kentucky; m. ? ATKINS/ADKINS.

v. JAMES R. ELMORE, b. 1917, Green County, Kentucky (in 1961 was in Chicago).

vi. CHARLES S. ELMORE, b. 1919, Green County, Kentucky (in 1961 was in Louisville).

vii. ROBERT CARL ELMORE, REV, b. 1922, Green County, Kentucky (1961 was in Edmonton, Kentucky).

3. viii. LEONARD T. ELMORE, b. 21 Jul 1908, Kentucky; d. 10 Apr 1967, Kentucky. He is buried in Bennett Cemetery in Green

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 4:02AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2011 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: ELMORE, ADKINS
CLAUDE Arizona Elmore was my mother's father----He WAS born 1878, fact!!! My Mother, Lucille Elmore(no middle name) was born December 14, 1915, died 3-24-1999-----------------Grandpa Claude died July 21, 1961, 7 days after my 10th birthday-FACT!!----------------

I am beginning to get a little Elmore history, but it has taken me years to do it---Aunte Lettie Elmore Despain Gumm, had it all before she died, but it got destroyed by her 2nd husband's grown children(Gumm)----------I have just a very litle bit if you have anything you think I may use, feel free to send it. I am Lydia,[age 60] the youngest daughter of Lucille, and Raymond Adkins---Dad was born 1916, died 2008, at age 91.

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 1:52PM GMT
Lydia,
I will be glad to share what I have with you. Send email request to: fdrmanowar@bellsouth.net

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 11:59PM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2011 8:23PM GMT
Surnames: ELMORE, ADKINS
Claude was my Grandpa---my Mama was his youngest daughter, Lucille----I am the youngest daughter, 3rd youngest child of Lucille & Raymond Adkins----"Papa" Elmore died shortly after my 10th birthday in 1961----God Bless!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions