Search for content in message boards

Searching for Belair information

Searching for Belair information

Nadine Mongan-Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Belair, Belaire, Vu Dit Belair, Standish, Mongan, Wilson, Forester, Varner, Kay
I am looking for information on the following Belair (Belaire or Vu Dit Belaire) ancestors:
Napoleon Joseph Belaire, b 28 Nov 1879 St Valtentin, Quebec; Ambrose Belaire b 21 Aug 1840 St Valentin Quebec married to Philomene Elize Gauthier in St Bernard de Localle Quebec 16 Apr 1861.
Jean Marie Vu Dit Belaire born 15 Dec 1812 L'Acadie Quebec married Olive Greuier 14 October 1843 St Valentin Quebec.

Belaire surname

Posted: 24 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Belair, Belaire
I happened upon your site. I have 2 aunts that are sisters,adopted and are Belair. Whay doing my family tree theyasked if I could help them. They know so little about their past. Rita and Rose Belair are about 65-70 years old, both ended up in Massachusetts.

Would you have any info on such. If not thanks anyway.

Chip
Posted: 7 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 3:55AM GMT
Surnames: BELAIR, GRENIER, DANDURAND, CARRIER, GIBEAU, LATREILLE, GABORIAU, GABORIAULT, GIBAULT, AUBRY, POIRIER, FONTAINE, PELLETIER, GAUTHIER, BOUCHARD, VETU, GAMACHE, ROBERT
Jean-Marie BELAIR (Jean-Marie BELAIR & Marguerite DANDURAND)
Olive GRENIER (François GRENIER & Marie-Louise CARRIER)
m. 14 Oct 1834 St-Valentin, Que.

Olive BELAIR(Jean-Marie BELAIR & Olive GRENIER)
Luc GIBEAU(Louis GIBEAU & Suzanne LATREILLE)
m. 29 Nov 1877 St-Valentin, Que.

Louis BELAIR(Jean-Marie BELAIR & Olive GRENIER)
Rosalie GABORIAU (Antoine GABORIAULT & Sophie GIBAULT)
m. 17 Nov 1874 St-Valentin, Que.

Josephine BELAIR (Louis BELAIR & Rosalie GABORIAU)
Frederick AUBRY (Télespore AUBRY & Malvina POIRIER)
m. 13 Sep 1898 St-Bernard Lacolle, Que.

Pierre VETU (Jean-Marie BELAIR & Olive GRENIER)
Josephine FONTAINE(Auguste FONTAINE & Scholastique PELLETIER)
m. 14 Nove 1865 St-Bernard Lacolle, Que.

Mathilde VETU(Jean-Marie BELAIR & Olive GRENIER)
F. M. GAUTHIER(vf. Denise BOUCHARD)
m. 17 Sep 1861 St-Bernard Lacolle, Que.

Emérence VETU(Ambroise BELAIR & Elise GAUTHIER)
Napoléon GAMACHE(Joseph GAMACHE & Domitilde ROBERT)
m. 1 Jun 1880 St-Bernard Lacolle, Que

Re: Belaire surname

Posted: 12 Aug 2001 1:43AM GMT
chip please contact me by e.m grams339@aol.com i am one of the sisters. maybe we can work on this toghether.
thanks

Re: BELAIR

Posted: 16 Nov 2002 12:08AM GMT
About a year ago you posted a message looking for info on the Belair-Vetu family. I am not 100% sure but my ggrandfather married an Olive Vetu-Belair. His name was Silas Gibeau from Canada somewhere. I am looking to fill in some gaps for our family tree and having a hard time doing this. I do know that in 1880 they had a son that was born in St. Bernard, Lacolle, Quebec, his name supposedly was also Silas but I did find him later on in the usa listed as Thomas Gebo. Your posting had an Olive that married a Luc Gibeau and I was wondering if you found anymore info on them. If Luc was born Nov. 18, 1858 and Olive was born June 1862 or 63 then we have a mutual relative and I found a missing link.
Any help that you could give me would be appreciated.

Barbara Gebo

Re: Searching for Belair information

Posted: 16 Mar 2003 4:23AM GMT
I think that the first Belair in both our families to arrive in Canada was one Jacques-Philippe Vetu dit Belair/St-Bellaire some of the names you mention our in my family tree. Doing a search on my family has been hard due to the fact that my family changed thier name to Blair in the the US my great grandfather John Blair was the first to be born in US he was born in Vermont. His father married Sophia Brow in Isle La Motte, Vt

heidi Russell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2004 3:39PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2005 11:38PM GMT
Surnames: Belair, Laroche
maybe this might help your search..

jacques philippe Vetu dit Belair married marie ann Laroche on feb,26,1724 in Montreal Quebec.

heidi (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2004 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Vetu dit Belair, Blair
jacques philippe Vetu dit Belair married marie ann Laroche on feb,26,1724 in Montreal Quebec he was son of jacque Philippe and madileine Feret of Arras,Artoise,France

jacques philippe Vetu dit Belair and marie ann Laroche had son joseph Belair he married catherine(Boissel) they had son michel Belair he married marie Desanges (Jamson) they had son jean jacques Belair he married marguerite Russell she was brn march,4,1795 Bonaventure Quebec, they were married, july,4,1821 Bonaventure Quebec they had son jacques Belair (james Blair) brn july,30,1822 Bonaventure Quebec married margaret Daigle in Belledune N.B.

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2004 9:50AM GMT
Hello, when you have time E-mail me at sajpaz@aol.com, I will share my information with you, are you still a Belair, our family name became Blair in the US. Judy

Belair/Aubin Line

Posted: 7 Aug 2008 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: Belair
Dear eSpaeth4499,

In researching my own family history, I found that you had a private family tree with my great grandfather listed in it. Because it's private, I could not view it.
It's the Belair/Aubin family line.

My great grandfather's name is Philias Joseph Belair (1908-1965). His parents were Alday Belair and Emma Aubin.
Some records have him listed as Philip or Phillip, but his real name is Philias, according to my grandma (his daughter).

There was no way for me to contact you except through this thread since you have opted not to receive messages from other members.

Would you be willing to share the Belair/Aubin family tree with me?
I can offer whatever information you need regarding Philias' and Emma Aubin's lines if you need it.

Thanks,
Christine McBryde
per page

Find a board about a specific topic