Search for content in message boards

SARGENT FAMILY FROM CHEROKEE, ALA

SARGENT FAMILY FROM CHEROKEE, ALA

JANE SARGENT MCLEAN (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2003 7:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
MY G-FATHER, JOHN ALLEN SARGENT (SR) WAS BORN
JULY 1895 IN CHEROKEE, AL TO SALLY ANN ALLEN SARGENT. HIS SIBLINGS WERE CHARLES, NED, JESS,
DEWEY, COLUMBUS AND MARJORIE. I DO NOT KNOW HIS FATHERS NAME. HE SERVED IN WW1 (1917-1919)
IN BORDEAU OR BORDEEN FRANCE. IN 1920 HE MARRIED MY G-MOTHER GERTIE BAILEY. THEY HAD THREE CHILDREN. EFFIE MAE S. HUDSON, MARTHA
VIRGINIA S. MCDONALD AND JOHN ALLEN SARGENT JR.
ANYONE WITH INFO ON THIS SARGENT FAMILY, PLEASE
REPLY. THANKS

Re: SARGENT FAMILY FROM CHEROKEE, ALA

Posted: 16 Apr 2003 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2006 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Sargent
I am the grandson of Columbus Sargent.

The father of Columbus and John Allen Sargent was John Thomas Sargent. I think his father was William C. Sargent, but sure of this.

Sally's father was John Allen and her mother was Elizabeth Beckham (from her death Certificate). I have additional info on our family, and would love to hear from you. I would also really appreciate any additional information you may have.

Some additional informaion is on our family web site at; http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes?userid=mcbeen . The password is montana.

Incidently, we are having a Sargent family reunion in Las Vegas NV a week from Saturday. My sister's family and my family as well as some of the other children of my Mother Dorthy Sargent will be there (Dorthy was the daughter of Columbus your Great Uncle). If you live on the west cost, you may be interested in this.

Marcus McBeen
marcus@mcbeen.com

JANE S. MCLEAN (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2003 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: SARGENT
MARCUS, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA E-MAIL.WE HAVE FAMILY IN BATON ROUGE, LA & L.A. CALIFORNIA.WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU. JANE

Posted: 18 Apr 2003 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2006 7:43PM GMT
Hello Jane,

Could you give me your email. The one ont his site does not work.

Thanks,
Marcus

JANE S. MCLEAN (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2003 12:47AM GMT
CK YOUR E-MAIL. I SENT YOU A MESSAGE. BEGINS WITH EJA.

Posted: 26 Dec 2003 3:10AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2004 10:50PM GMT
Looking in to research for a school project. I have information that Charles' father was John T. Sargent and was married to Sally Ann Allen. Can you please send me any other information you might have. I have run into a dead end.

Any information is appreciated.

Lynna Daniel
8th grade

Grand-daughter of Donna Sargent Daniel

JANE SARGENT MCLEAN (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2004 4:58AM GMT
DEAR WILLIAM, SO SORRY I HAVEN'T CHECKED MY MESSAGE BOARDS LATELY. CHARLES SARGENT WAS THE BROTHER OF MY GRANDFATHER, JOHN ALLEN SARGENT SR., WHO WAS THE SON OF JOHN T. SARGENT AND SALLY ANN ALLEN. I HAVE PLENTY MORE INFO. IF YOU STILL NEED, LET ME KNOW AND SEND YOUR PHONE NUMBER. I'D LIKE TO KNOW JUST HOW WE ARE RELATED.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 3:29AM GMT
Surnames: sargent/brown/bolen
hello, my name is lila merrill my great grandmother was born in alabama, in 1900 she married william walter brown in indian territory, choctaw nation. her name is arlennia sargent born 1879 or 1880 .i know she was native american i have a picture of her.i have not been able to locate who her parents were. if you have any info. that you could share, i am at peanuts@netptc.net thanyou so much

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Sargent, McMinn
Mr McBeen -
I'm the great granddaughter of Columbus Sargent and Nancy Ora Lee McMinn. Please contact me at RhymesWithListen at gmail.com . I'd like to share with you details regarding my father father, grandmother, and great uncle.
- Jorie
Attachments:

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 12:40PM GMT
Greetings from Georgia. We are all the same Sargent family. Our group has a reunion every September in the Gainesville Georgia area. This year we will meet on SEPT 15 at Jaemor Farms near Gainesville, GA. Would love to meet all of you, get to know your families, and share history. Let me know if I can send additional information.

Jeannie Wearn
Marietta, GA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions