Search for content in message boards

Richard & Margaret DOZIER of Texas or Oklahoma

Richard & Margaret DOZIER of Texas or Oklahoma

Posted: 4 May 2008 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DOZIER
Looking for any info on Richard and Margaret DOZIER. Daughter Dora was my g-grandma. Dora supposedly born 1884 in Oklahoma, other sources say Tyler, TX. Dora's kids born in OK, so I'm betting the former. :) Dates and locations especially needed, I'm drawing a blank on Census records. It's possible, minutely possible, they were Native American. Can anyone assist?
Thanks
Meg

Re: Richard & Margaret DOZIER of Texas or Oklahoma

Posted: 7 May 2008 10:22PM GMT
What is Dora's maiden name? Did she have any brothers and sisters? Do you have a date of birth or date of death for Richard?

GENEALOGICAL RESEARCHER
-----------------------------------------------------------

Re: Richard & Margaret DOZIER of Texas or Oklahoma

Posted: 8 May 2008 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: DOZIER, DOSHER, BANKSTON
Dora is the daughter of Richard Dozier (Dosher/Dasher on some censuses, b. abt 1852 Indian Territory, Arkansas) and Margaret Bankston (b abt. 1862, Texas). I've got Richard Dosher and Margaret on the 1880 census in Brazos, TX with her younger brother William Bankston in the house. There's a M.W. (Micajah) Bankston on the 1860 census in Red River, TX. That's in the area, but I can't for certain connect him to Margaret. I'm trying to find Margaret's parents and Richard's parents.
-Meg
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions