Search for content in message boards

Graf family information

Graf family information

Colin D. Graf (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Graf
I wonder if you could help me find out about past generations of my family. My grand-father was Herbert Graf, noted opera director, his father was Max Graf, noted music critic, died Vienna 1958. Max had brothers and a sister, Felix, Friedrich, Mimi, and one other brother. I am also looking for information about their father, one Josef Graf, who may have been a rabbi in Vienna around 1920, and preceding generations.
I would be glad to pass on all family details I can find to add to your archive. Thank you, Danke sehr,

Colin Graf,

Sarnia, Ont. Canada

Re: Graf family information

Steve Balog (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2004 6:15AM GMT
Hello Collin:

You have left a message for my sister Vivian and she will be contacting you. fyi - I met your grandfather, his second wife and infant daughter in 1969. You must be the son of one of his sons (I think he had two sons with his first wife, your grandmother?). In fact I'd love to find the daughter who I met in 1969 and again in 1986.

More later, Steve

Colin Graf (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 4:49AM GMT
Hello Steven!

Thank you for writing. I just got off the phone with your sister. I think I can add quite a lot to your genealogy work. I go back at least 6-7 generations. I'll be glad to send you much of my research, as soon as possible. Can you send me a mailing address and e-mail? Please use the above e-mail for me, not the first one. There is a lot of history to catch up on! I'm looking forward to hearing from you and writing in turn. Vivian said you are quite interested in family history.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
I thank you again,

Sincerely,

Colin Graf.

Colin Graf (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 2004 4:51AM GMT
Oh yes...FYI -- My father was an only child until his half-sister Ann-Kathrin was born in '69. I am in touch with her and would be glad to put you in touch with her as long as she is willing.

More to follow,

Colin G.

Brigitte Burgard (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2004 5:11PM GMT
Dear sir,
when looking in the internet for information about your grandfather Herbert Graf I found by chance your name. I am at present reading a book by a German sociologist and psychoanalist about the possible psychological consequences of the Jewish ritual circumcision of new-born male babies. Author and title: Franz Maciejewski, "Psychoanalytisches Archiv und jüdisches Gedächtnis" (Psychoanalytical archives and Jewish memory).The author goes into the Freudian description of childhood neuroses, in particular as regards the "Kleiner Hans" (Little Hans). Franz Maciejewski claims that the Jewish circumcision of new-born babies may have dramatical consequences in the future course of their livesand thus on the Jewish culture as a whole. Up to now I could neither in Freud´s nor in other works find more intimate data about the Graf family. I should be very pleased if you could open to me, from your point of view, a wider perspective as to the parents of thr Kleiner Hans (Herbert Graf), namely Max Graf and Olga König. What do you know about their relation to Jewish traditions? Do you know whether Jewish traditions were still cultivated in the family, especially as to circumcision. It is known that Freud´s sons had not been circumcised. In this case it would be interesting to know whether the male children of the family, especially the Kleiner Hans, had been circumcised as taken for granted by Maciejewski.
I am looking forward to your answer,
yours
Brigitte Burgard

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 12:47AM GMT
Hai Colin
please contact me to my e mail
as i have somthing about Graf
from Wien
{Regina}
Lia