Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Franklin Walden

Benjamin Franklin Walden

Posted: 8 Mar 2002 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Apr 2004 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: Walden
Looking for any ancestors and/or decendants of Benjamin Franklin Walden. Farmed in Whigham, Ga. God Bless

Re: Benjamin Franklin Walden

Posted: 7 May 2002 2:01AM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2006 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Walden, Fowler
Greetings! My limited oral family history shows my Great Grandfather was Benjamin Franklin Walden, born in Alabama in 1882, moved later in Georgia. He married Mary Ann Fowler. They had 6 male children and three females. One male, Hood Enoch Walden, was my Grandfather. He died in 1951. Think, any connection? Good Luck!

Frank Brinson (View posts)
Posted: 7 May 2002 7:37PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2004 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: Walden
Connie;
Thanks for the reply but this is a differant Benjamin Franklin Walden. Hope you find all you are looking for. I have not.
Tnx Frank Brinson

Irma A. Waggoner (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2002 2:12AM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2004 2:35PM GMT
Surnames: Walden, Norrel, Fogerty, Fowler
I am pretty sure your Benjamin Walden and the one I am researching are the same. I have his mother as Elizabeth, a widow, who lived in Tallapoosa Co., AL. I have tracked the family on the 1850-1860-1870 census. I have not been able to determine the name of the father. The father may be a brother to my ancestor, James H. Walden, who was in Tallapoosa Co., AL on the 1860 and 1870 census.

Elizabeth was a widow, age 28, b. SC, on the 1850 Tallapoosa Co. census with sons William H., age 5, b. AL, and Benjamin F., age 3 b. AL.

It could be that Elizabeth's maiden name was Norrel, as on the 1860 census, P.O. Dadeville, Delilah Norrell, b. 1803, SC, census age 57, was living with Elizabeth Walden, age 34, along with William H., age 14 and Benjamin F, age 12.

I have the marriage record for William H. Walden to Sarah Ann Fogerty, on 21 June 1864, Tallapoosa Co., AL, Marriage Record Book 6, pg. 38.

I have the marriage record for Benjamin F. Walden, 23 October 1865 to Mary Fowler, Tallapoosa Co., AL, Marriage Record Book 6, pg. 230. I am thinking he went to Merriwether Co., GA shortly after his marriage to Mary Fowler.

I am assuming Elizabeth Walden's husband died between 1848 and 1850, possibly, but not necessarily in Tallapoosa Co., AL.

I would like to exchange further information with you.

Irma A. Waggoner

Frank Brinson (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2002 7:45PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2004 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Walden, Thomas, Barrineau
Irma:
My grandfather (Benjamin Franklin Walden) was married to Della Ethelee Thomas. His father was Reubin Madison Walden and his mother was Julia Barrineau. He had 8 brothers and sisters. Samuel Madison Walden, Julia Etta Walden, Lizzie Walden, Mary louisa Walden, Dock Monroe Walden, David Walden, Jenia Walden and Dollie Walden. I think they were all born in Grady county Ga.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 3:25AM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2013 1:35PM GMT
Surnames: ,
if your still interested I am a descendent of those Waldens
per page

Find a board about a specific topic