Search for content in message boards

Michael and Catherine Margaret McAdam; Scotland > Guyana

Michael and Catherine Margaret McAdam; Scotland > Guyana

Posted: 9 May 2006 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 May 2006 1:41PM GMT
Surnames: McAdam
I am looking for details of what happened to the McAdam family. Michael and Catherine Margaret emigrated from Sorbie, Wigtownshire, Scotland between 1870 and 1875. Michael was a plant collector and died Georgetown 17/12/1880. Margaret died Colonial Hospital 16/4/1893. Their children were born in Georgetown: Catherine 1875, Amiley Annie 6/5/1877, Richard 1879, Alexander 1881. When did the children go back to the UK and where?
Any help much appreciated.

Re: Michael and Catherine Margaret McAdam; Scotland > Guyana

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 10:55PM GMT
hi my name is tessa Mcadam my grandfather was Alexander mcadam
from georgetown guyana

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: MacAdam
Hi Alexander's sister Amiley Annie (1977-1949)was my great grandmother.

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 12:34AM GMT
kool then we must be related email me at lady_liibra1@ymail.com thanks

Posted: 3 May 2013 5:58PM GMT
Hi, I'm not sure where I fall into this picture but my last name is McAdam and my family is also from Guyana. My grandfather's name was Charlie McAdam and his father's name was William McAdam who married Amina Khan.

It seems as if either the children of Michael and Catherine McAdam did not return to the UK or had families before they left. Or, perhaps my branch of McAdam stems from one of the children who did remain.

I know there is someone from the UK who is also looking to see what happened with this family.

Maybe we can all collaborate on information. Please feel free to email me at hca586@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Posted: 3 May 2013 6:00PM GMT
Hi,
Have you had any luck with charting this family? I think that either the children did not remain or had families before they returned to the UK. My family's surname is McAdam and I am discovering that there are other McAdams also from Guyana who I do not know.

We should definitely collaborate our information! Please feel free to email me at hca586@gmail.com

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions