Search for content in message boards

Are You A Descendant of William Hensley?

Are You A Descendant of William Hensley?

Ana (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2000 2:39PM GMT
Hi, My name is Ana, in my research I have gone back as far as 1583. In that year on william Hensley was born. England was the place. He had a son James Hensley born 1605 and died in 1665 in Virginia. He had four sons of which two I only have any information. If any one can help to fill in the blanks I would be grateful and happy to share any info I have.Of the two sons I do have is Robert Hensley born 1638 in Virginia and James born in 1642 in Virginia.
You can e-mail me at ResurectHope@aol.com

William Hensley

Posted: 26 Oct 2000 2:01AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 7:43AM GMT
Ana, not sure but I have a paper stating-"Tauton, Devon Cornwall England- 1685, may have a connection,this paper begins with Lewis Hensley-1782---Nancy Hoard.Under that, Samuel-1805---Washington-1809---Ruth Edwards-1813. About 200 more names on the paper, If I can help in any way, let me know. Thanks. Betty

hensley family

Ana (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2000 4:59PM GMT
That great. the names and date are correct. Any thing would help. Please feel free to e-mail me at ResurectHope@aol.com

minerva hensley

beth (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2000 7:21PM GMT
hi ana,
not sure if we're related. i know my great grandma is minerva hensley.i don't know her parents names,but the family thinks her mother was irish and her father was lakota sioux indian.is she a descendent of william hensley?please write back with any information you have.thanks.
Beth

minerva hensley

beth (View posts)
hi ana,
not sure if we're related. i know my great grandma is minerva hensley.i don't know her parents names,but the family thinks her mother was irish and her father was lakota sioux indian.is she a descendent of william hensley?please write back with any information you have.thanks.
Beth

minerva hensley

beth (View posts)
hi ana,
Beth

Answering back

Ana (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2000 4:56PM GMT
Beth I don't know for now. But, give me a day or two to check my files for that name. Is there anything else that you might know about her or her husband?
Beth I think you would really enjoy the family site I have with other members. We are helping each other with anything we find. let me know at my e-mail ResurectHope@aol.com

Question?

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 6:16PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 8:16PM GMT
Betty,
Is your name by chance Betty Sue. The daughter of Jeff and Gertie Hensley? Thought I would ask they had a daughter by this name and their sons names where Jim, Jeff, Jaylee. Any connections?
Louise
Posted: 14 Nov 2000 6:21PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 7:43AM GMT
No. But if you have any more information on this closed mouth hensley clan would appreciate it. My Daddy was "Bert Lee Hensley"- his father- "Hensry Eddington (LON)
Hensley" His father "John Lewis Hensley" Been searching for about 35 years, and just now things are beginning to come thru. Thanks to people like you. You are appreciated. Keep in touch. Thanks.

hensleys

Posted: 14 Nov 2000 6:41PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2001 8:16PM GMT
My Hensleys are from Arkansas mostly. The first set of Hensleys is my gggrandmother Permellia (Millie) Jane Martin/Schlitt/Hensley I am not for sure who she had married, all I have is the name Hensley and I got that off of my great Aunt ss information. Her name is Alta Mae Cooter by marriage.
The next set of Hensleys that I have is, Gertie Mae Rea/Schlitt/Hensley. She married a man by the name of Jeff Hensley in Arkansas. At the time of her marriage she had 2 daughters by prior marriage to my ggrandfather Walter Schlitt. Her 2 daughters names are Zella Mae and Velma. She got 1 child and Walter got the other. When she married she had 4 kids names are Betty Sue, Jim, Jeff and Jaylee. I am pretty sure the where still living in Arkansas but not for sure. If any thing connects let me know. Keep in touch.
Louise
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions