Search for content in message boards

Odom in Marshall and Jackson County, Alabama

Odom in Marshall and Jackson County, Alabama

Posted: 30 Jul 2002 5:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for any information on Mike/Micajah Odom born around 1825/26 in North Carolina. He lived in Marshall County, Alabama from at least 1860 until his death (between 1880-1900) He was married to Mary Mathew and had at least five children: Eliza Leona Odom (married James Johnson, then Isaac Johnson) Elitha Naoma Odom (married John Lawson), Mary R. "Mollie" Odom (married Joseph H. Graden)(they are buried in Raney cemetery, Marshall County, Alabama), Malissa P. Odom, and Charlie Lee Odom (Married Melissa Nelson and Mary Elizabeth Smith). Melissa Nelson Odom is buried in Raney cemetery beside graves believed to be those of Mike/Micajah and Mary, and five other unmarked graves believed to belong to Odoms. Charlie and Mary are buried in Langston Cemetery, next to Mary's parents Sevier and Sarah (Wright) Smith. Any information on this family is greatly appreciated.

Re: Odom in Marshall and Jackson County, Alabama

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 9:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Micajah Odom was not married to Mary Matthews. He was married to Mary Catherine Blakely, daughter of John W. and Rebecca Blakely. I am researching records now on the John W. Blakely side of my family. My great great grandmother, Margaret Ann Blakely Bush and Mary Catherine were sisters. There is lots of info on the Odom Family Association site.
Thanks. Jean Robles jpr@awesomenet.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic