Search for content in message boards

Looking for CALIFORNIA Ostranders'

Looking for CALIFORNIA Ostranders'

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 12:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ostrander
Hello,

My entire family is from California, Mainly the Bay Area and Northwestern part of the state.

My original plan was to build a family tree and most of the ancestors would fill in pretty simply considering my paternal grand-father, Iver William Ostrander (Bill), was the youngest of 13 bothers and sisters. Well, that theory has been blown to bits, I am having NO luck. Hence my plea to you out in Ancestry.com land.

If you have any information that may be of some use to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Nycole Ostrander-Warren

Re: Looking for CALIFORNIA Ostranders'

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 4:07PM GMT
Hi Nycole, my husband Jerry is the son of John Bennett Ostrander, the eldest son. I don't have a lot on Bill but maybe I can help with the ancestors. We can give a try anyway.

Nancy Ostrander

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 4:36PM GMT
Hello Nancy,

Wow that is FABULOUS that you found my posting. Yes, my grandfather NEVER talked about his childhood. According to him, it was a NIGHTMARE due to the fact he was bounced around so much and was placed with his siblings and that they were so young and it wasn't fair to them. He ended up basically being raised by my Grandmother Beverly's family in his late teens and then they were married SO young and then my dad came along.

I have met Ray, Nora and Dora. I don;t remember Nora & Dora, but I still hae the baby blanket one of them crochet (spelling error) me before I was born and I have a picture with one of them holding me, but I pbviously have no memory of that.

I would appreciate anything that you may have. My family is SO small and my husband's family is HUGE and I just wanted to put this together for my father for a father's day present. He's 60 now and this is something that I think he may enjoy. What do you give the man who has everything?

Thanks a bunch and any information may help.

My grandmother just gave me the names of all of the siblings she had known:

Ray
Glen
"Charlie" - Charles
"Buck" - ???? Real Name
Nora
Dora
and now John Bennett (She never knew of him until now)

So any blanks would be wonderful. I have just added you and your husband.

Thank you again, I am truly grateful,

Nycole Ostrander-Warren

Posted: 28 Feb 2009 8:59PM GMT
Ok--this will be eaiser thru e-mail. Can you give me all of your info on Iver (this is what the family called him)? Who are Iver's children? Get your e-mail address to me and I will start going thru all of my research papers.

Nancy
jo402@centurytel.net

Re: CALIFORNIA Ostranders/Iver George

Posted: 1 Mar 2009 1:28PM GMT

Is this the family you seek?

1 Gerhome OSTRANDER b: 12 FEB 1842
+ Elizabeth ISABELLE b: 1842 (
2 Iver George OSTRANDER b: 7 Sep 1878 d: 23 Feb 1944
+ Rosa Lena MCMAHAN b: 9 Aug 1880 d: 9 Jan 1936
+ Ethel Clark BENNETT b: 31 Jul 1885 d: 22 Feb 1929
3 John Bennett (Ben) OSTRANDER b: 04 FEB 1906 d: 19 Apr 1977

Pieter & Rebecca married in 1679 in New York. Your Ostrander family descends from this couple.

I can give you more data if you like.

Posted: 1 Mar 2009 5:05PM GMT
YES-----these are my husbands people, John Bennett, his father. I will take all of the help I can get. Are these your people too?

Thank you, I'm waiting by my computer for your reply.

Nancy

Posted: 1 Mar 2009 6:03PM GMT
The descendants of Gerhome Ostrander include your family...
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=Search&am...

I will transcribe more ancestors when I locate my copy of the Ostrander Big Book.

Posted: 1 Mar 2009 8:10PM GMT
Thank you for responding. I found this page a couple of years of go but I might not of had it. So thank you again. I've heard of the Ostrander Big Book but I've never seen one.

Nancy

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 6:05AM GMT
Hello,

Wow - How nice of you. Yes, Iver George is my Great-Grandfather. My grandfather is Iver William Ostrander, the youngets of the 13 children. John Bennett is my grandfather's oldest brother. My grandfathers Mother (Bennett) died when he was 2.

Yes, would LOVE to get more information.

Thanks again,

Nycole

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 6:07AM GMT
Yes,

I appreciate all the info you have been able to give me Nancy. It has helped, especially getting all of the names of my Grandpy's siblings. I am missing one of the thirteen.

Thanks a bunch,

Nycole
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions