Search for content in message boards

Margaret Jane Hughes Odom

Margaret Jane Hughes Odom

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 12:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information about my g g grandmother, Margaret Jane Hughes Odom, born in Tennessee 1848, married to Charles Jefferson Odom in 1866, and died in Baylor County, Texas in July 1928. I can not find any about her prior to the 1870 Federal Census.

Re: Margaret Jane Hughes Odom

Posted: 22 Feb 2012 11:30PM GMT
HI, Barbara's Mom here... Miss Nita Browne.
Barb sent me your inquiry, hope it's okay to answer in second
place.Not sure if it is possible that your GG Grandmother is the Mother of my Grandfather as I originally thought. William Owen Phillips born 7-12-1882, died 3-10-1978...However, her married name would have to be Phillips. In your info it appears to be Odom???
GGrandma Phillips name was Margaret Jane and Odom does not appear on any of her records.
Looks like we do not have a match.:(

Re: Jane Phillips

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 12:11AM GMT
Thank you for your prompt response, but I think we have somehow gotten two families confused. I am interested in William Owen Phillips' sister. She shows up on the 1910 Federal Census as "Issa Jane Phillips" with brothers Dolvester and John Hardy Phillips. She is also on Barbara's family tree as "Jane Phillips", sister of William, Dolvester and John. My grandmother is Malissa Jane Phillips who married John Reeves in Harrison County, Texas and died in Lubbock, Texas in 1979. I am trying to determine if these are one in the same person.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions