Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM DOBBS

WILLIAM DOBBS

Posted: 30 Jun 2001 2:54AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: DOBBS, RANKINS, PARISH
DID ANYONE EVER FIND OUT WHO WILLIAM DOBBS PARENTS WERE? HE MARRIED A MARY, NO LAST NAME ON CHILDRENS BIRTH CERTIFICATES. KNOW HE HAD HALF BROTHER ALEXANDER AND SON, JAMES DOBBS, WHO WAS MY GRANDFATHER OF VERNON COUNTY WISCONSIN.
marvel thompson

Re: WILLIAM DOBBS

JOYCE DOBBS STOCKER (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2001 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dobbs Magers (Mangers) Warner
B. F, Dobbs born 1864 ?married Emilie Mangers born in Jefferson Wi in 1869

B. F. Dobbs born 1864 ? married Emilie :Magers 1889 she
was born in Jefferson......Wi.....1869....................................................................................................................................................
He died 1945 Thomahawk Wi . brother John lived in Hon Ark . sisters :Matilda, Lide, Nancy, Jane .Girls and husbands moved to state of Washington 1875 1880 Father's name was also B.F( Benjamin Franklin )Dobbs married --Warner She had what was probably Parkinson Disease.He served in the Civil War and my grandfather B.F. was born just before or shortly after he died, think he was 18months old. Don't know where he died. During the War greatgrandmother took her 6 kids and lived with her parents where? My grandfather BF (1864) was a spotter for a lumber company along the Missouri River Married 1889 lived in Ark, Mo, S.D. settled in Tomahawk about 1907 Three children Mable, FRANK AND Orville Warner greatgrndmothers maiden name I believe

Posted: 23 Nov 2001 3:04AM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2002 1:41AM GMT
Surnames: Dobbs, Rankins, Parish, Boldon
I am searching for William Dobbs who died in Vernon County Wisconsin about 1929. He was born in Illinois or Tn , I think. His last children were born in 1867 (James Raymond Dobbs) and perhaps a few years later Emma Dobbs.. Not sure how he would be related here. am I missing something in this message??/
Was benjamin related to William Dobbs and if so in what way brother, son , or no relation.
Thank you.

Terry Thompson

Posted: 23 Nov 2001 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Dobbs, Rankins, Parish, Boldon
I am searching for William Dobbs who died in Vernon County Wisconsin about 1929. He was born in Illinois or Tn , I think. His last children were born in 1867 (James Raymond Dobbs) and perhaps a few years later Emma Dobbs.. Not sure how he would be related here. am I missing something in this message??/
Was benjamin related to William Dobbs and if so in what way brother, son , or no relation.
Thank you.

Terry Thompson

Posted: 17 Dec 2001 3:55PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2003 4:47PM GMT
Terry

This is my Dobbs line. You seem to have confused William Dobbs (b. 1807/1808 in Tennessee?, d. 1876 in Crawford Co.?, WI) with his son William (b. Nov. 9, 1844, d. July 15, 1929).

William (b. 1807/1808) was the father of James Raymond Dobbs (b. 1867), Emma Dobbs (b.abt. 1865) and Nona Dobbs. (b. abt. 1863) by his 2nd or 3rd wife. (I can not remember her name at the moment.) William's 1st wife was Mary Helm.

Have not been able to find out anything about William's parents or siblings.

Diane

Nothi

Posted: 18 Dec 2001 2:39AM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 3:45AM GMT
Diane,

It's posible your William, b1807/8 was a sibling of Linsey Dobbs born 1808 in Benjamin TN. We haven't learned who his parents were as he was raised by his grandparents William Dye and Kizzah Dobbs. Hope this helps you in your search.

Dennis

Posted: 21 Dec 2001 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Dobbs,William/Mary ?
Thank you for information on who the father of James Raymond dobbs was. Was so sure it was Mary Helm he was first married to, but no confirmation.
Have not found ou who his mother was. Only Mary.
Was glad to get Emmas name and Nonas also. Have Emmas obit.

Posted: 21 Dec 2001 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: Dobbs, William/Mary ?
Was so glad to learn that James Dobbs' father was William Dobbs, who had married Mary Helm. I was so sure was same William, but no confirmation on that.I have James Dobbs death certificate. and Emmas obit. The only name for mother is Mary. Seems like every William Dobbs Married a Mary.
Thank you for lovely Christmas present of confirmation of William and Helm relationship and which William Dobbs was really James' father. Also thanks for siblings names. If you think of his wifes last name that would be great.

Posted: 1 Aug 2002 1:44PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 3:59PM GMT
Do you have the names of williams children and sibling . Please share with me if you do Thanks.

Terrance Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2002 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: DOBBS, RANKINS, PARISH
I think William Dobbs was married more then once. I know absolutely that he married a Mary (maiden name unknown) and that he had at least two children by her. One was Emma Dobbs b. about 1865 and James Raymond Dobbs b. 03/15/1867 in Richland County, Wisconsin. I have picture of James and Emma standing together. A deceased relative told me when she was very old that James had a half-brother Alexander Dobbs.
All children, but one are deceased, so anyone knowing this family would me helpful and very much appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic