Search for content in message boards

Moore Dublin

Moore Dublin

Posted: 12 Aug 2007 10:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moore
I have posted before but as you can now see I am desperate. Having applied for various birth certificates over the last few months and found that none ofthem are my ancestor I am appealing to all good fellows out there for help!
My grandfather was Thomas Moore born around 1888 possibly in Dublin and died 1969 at 88 Church Road Dublin. He married Anne Loughrey in 1913. On the marriage certificate he was a Sailor living at Greaves Cottages Newfoundland Street, Dublin and his father is shown as John Moore a Labourer. They married at St Lawrence O'Toole. I have checked the 1911 census for this area and he does not appear at the address or anywhere close.
As I do not know where he was born does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do to trace his birth or the rest of his family?
Many thanks
Lorraine

Re: Moore Dublin

Posted: 9 Jan 2008 8:51PM GMT
Dont fret too much as on my mothers marriage lines it had a similsr problem allocating streets Waterford street did not register for my Mum and google search gave it as being in Belfast!!

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 7:31AM GMT
I had a look at the 1911 Dublin Census, and found a Moore family at Graves Cottages.
The head of the house was Margaret, a widow, aged 40.
The eldest was Thomas aged 23, but he was a general labourer.
Youngest was Stephen, aged 5.
It should come up in the search if you enter Graves Cottages in the street section, and Margaret Moore aged 40.

www.census.nationalarchives.ie

Regards,
margaret

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 5:57PM GMT
Margaret, thank you very much, I did manage to find this when it came on line. Thank you for thinking of me. All I need now is the 1901 cnesus to find out where John came from. Regards lorraine

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 5:57PM GMT
Margaret, thank you very much, I did manage to find this when it came on line. Thank you for thinking of me. All I need now is the 1901 cnesus to find out where John came from. Regards lorraine

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 10:14PM GMT
Hello Lorraine, I hope you still check this Web Site for information, as I can see it is some time since your last post on here.
Now a good while ago you replied to one of my posts regarding my Great Grandparents. I have been doing more research into their Family, and I do believe that you and I are related. My "Margaret Green" married a "John Moore," what threw me was that Your "Margaret Green" spelt her surname with an E on the end... "Greene"
You can contact me on this Email Address should you wish to do so .... ( dublin.bound at gmail.com )
Change the word AT for the @ Symbol in my email address to get it to work properly.

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 10:20PM GMT
Hello Lorraine, I hope you still check this Web Site for information, as I can see it is some time since your last post on here.
Now a good while ago you replied to one of my posts regarding my Great Grandparents. I have been doing more research into their Family, and I do believe that you and I are related. My "Margaret Green" married a "John Moore," what threw me was that Your "Margaret Green" spelt her surname with an E on the end... "Greene"
You can contact me on this Email Address should you wish to do so .... ( dublin.bound at gmail.com )
Change the word AT for the @ Symbol in my email address to get it to work properly.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic